Air fryer pasta chips are tossed in Italian seasoning, olive oil and Parmesan cheese then air fried to crispy perfection. Ideal for snacking, these bow tie pasta chips are easy to make. Make these TikTok pasta chips in just minutes using leftover pasta. You'll see why this recipe went viral!
I love easy appetizers and there is a good reason these air fryer pasta chips went viral on TikTok. Made with leftover pasta, you get a fun and tasty appetizer or snack in just a few minutes. How simple is that?
Cooked pasta is tossed with a tasty Italian seasoning blend, and the noodles are air fried until they are crispy and crunchy, just like your favorite potato chips. Add a side of marinara or alfredo sauce for a dippable, comforting snack everyone will love.
- Pasta Noodles – Use your favorite pasta shape, but ones with a larger surface area, such as Farfalle, are easier to pick up and ideal for dipping.
- Olive Oil – Use any light neutral-flavored oil.
- Cheese – Use freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Seasoning – Season with Italian seasoning and kosher or sea salt.
- Italian Sauce – Serve with pasta sauce, marinara sauce or pizza sauce for dipping.
See recipe card for quantities.
Cook pasta noodles according to package instructions. Drain well in a colander. Preheat air fryer if necessary to 375 degrees.
In a large bowl mix together drained pasta, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, seasoning and salt. Toss so that the pasta is well coated.
Place pasta in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is crispy and golden brown.
Remove pasta and serve with your favorite sauce.
Hint: Cook the pasta to al dente so it doesn't fall apart while seasoning.
- Pasta - I like to use farfalle (bowtie) pasta but you can experiment with other pasta noodles.
- Sweet - Instead of using cheese and Italian seasoning, coat the pasta with oil, cinnamon and sugar to serve as a dessert.
- Gluten Free - Use gluten free pasta if preferred. The texture of course will be a bit different.
- Preheat your air fryer for the best results.
- Air fryer temperatures can vary slightly between brands, so use the provided cooking times as a guide.
- Cook till al dente for the best results, don't overcook. Cook the pasta 1 minute less than recommended.
- Cook the pasta up to 2-3 days in advance and store it in the fridge. Toss the cooked pasta with a small amount of oil to prevent it from sticking together. Rinse and drain the pasta before continuing with the recipe.
- Use leftover pasta.
- Don’t crowd the air fryer basket. The pasta should be in a single layer. Cook in batches if needed.
- Shake the air fryer basket a few times while the pasta chips cook.
A delicious dipping sauce is essential for these TikTok pasta chips. Our favorites include:
This simple appetizer is a yummy starter into an Italian meal or you can serve Air Fryer Pasta Chips at a party with other appetizers like:
- Roasted Sweet Bell Peppers
- Air Fryer Calamari
- Charcuterie Skewers
- Greek Shrimp Skewers
- Tomato Pesto Caprese Skewers
You will need an air fryer basket or tray that is large enough to spread the pasta in a single layer. For smaller air fryers, you will want to cook in batches for the best results.
Air fryer pasta chips are best when enjoyed right away, but they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. You can reheat them for a few minutes in the air fryer before serving again.
Freezing bow tie pasta chips is not recommended.
You can make air fryer pasta chips with any shape of pasta. Pasta with a larger surface area makes it easier to grip and dip. Try shapes like rigatoni, bowtie pasta, Penne and ziti which work best for these TikTok pasta chips.
Yes! If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake pasta chips in the oven. Spread the seasoned pasta onto a lined baking tray and bake for 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees F. Toss the pasta several times to get the chips crispy on all sides.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
If you like this TikTok Pasta Chips recipe, please leave a 5-star rating.
Air Fryer Pasta Chips
- 8 ounces pasta noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon kosher or sea salt
- Italian sauce for serving
- Cook pasta noodles according to package instructions. Drain well in a colendar. Preheat air fryer if necessary to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix together drained pasta, olive oil, Parmesan cheese, seasoning and salt. Toss so that the pasta is well coated.
- Place pasta in a single layer in the air fryer. Cook for 15 minutes or until pasta is crispy and golden brown.
- Remove pasta and serve with your favorite sauce.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
I am going to try this Lisa and Congrats on your post going Viral on Tik Tok that's fantastic and I could see why!