Why go out to a crowded restaurant on Valentine’s Day when you can make this easy shrimp and linguini dinner at home? You are only 30 minutes away to this perfect dinner for two! Valentine’s day is right around the corner and I am thinking of all the dinners I can cook. Since it’s on a week night this year, I want something easy to make. This is one of my favorites.
Today I am joining the Sunday Supper tastemakers in displaying easy dinner recipes for two. I have been going to their Food and Wine Conference for the past two years and diligently following the #SundaySupper movement. And finally I am participating with my own recipes. I will be participating several times a month so plan to see some more recipes that are perfect for gathering around the table with friends or family.
This recipe is perfect for a week night meal because it is easy and quick. I really love that it only uses one pan and there is no colander involved. Pasta, veggies and water is all added to the pot together. Who really wants to clean or wash any extra pans especially on Valentine’s day? I prefer to eat dinner then relax with a glass of wine.
My daughter went off to college this year and my high school aged son has a darn good social life. So I have become more accustomed to making plenty of two person meals. This pasta recipe makes two very hardy servings but I don’t mind having leftovers for lunch the next day either. I will say that this one pan pasta is better heated in a skillet with some melted butter or olive oil rather than the microwave.
After you get hungry looking at this recipe, take a look at all the other Sunday Supper tastemaker recipes below. It will give you plenty of easy dinner ideas to cook for two.
A special thanks to Candace from Authentically Candace for hosting this event!
- 8 ounces of linguini pasta
- 2½ cups water
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces asparagus, trimmed and cut into two- inch sized pieces
- ¼ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup half and half
- 8 ounces cleaned deveined shrimp (medium to large sized)
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Combine linguini, water, wine, olive oil, salt, pepper, asparagus, sun dried tomatoes and garlic in a large straight sided pan.
- Bring the pan to a boil over high heat. Stir occasionally with tongs so pasta doesn't stick to the pan.
- Lower heat to medium after mixture comes to a boil and continue to stir frequently.
- Cook for about 12 minutes or until there is still a little water in the pan.
- Add half and half and shrimp. Cook for a few more minutes or until pasta is al a dente and shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- If mixture gets too dry, a little more half and half or water can be added.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil before serving.
- Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Marsala by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Classic Coq Au Vin for Two by The Crumby Cupcake
- Creamy Parmesan Skillet Eggs by The Texan New Yorker
- Date Night Chicken Teriyaki Stir-Fry by Gourmet Every Day
- Orange Chicken by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spicy Salsa Chicken by Simple and Savory
- Chicken and Spinach Pasta with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce by Pook’s Pantry
- One Pan Shrimp and Asparagus Linguini by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Scallop Pasta with Garlic and White Wine by Caroline’s Cooking
- Skillet Rigatoni alla Vodka for Two by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
Red Meat Recipes
- Filet Mignon with Shiitake Mushrooms by Cooking Chat
- French Onion Filet Mignon by The Chef Next Door
- Honey Lime Steak Kebabs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Mushroom Meatloaf by Cricket’s Confections
- Mushroom Topped Pepper Steak for Two by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pan Seared Sirloin Steak Dinner for Two by Life Tastes Good
- Pan-Seared Nutella Skirt Steak by Brunch-n-Bites
- Petit Filet with Red Wine Pan Sauce & Garlic Mash by Authentically Candace
- Rack of Lamb with Strawberry Mint Glaze by Sunday Supper Movement
- Steak Au Poivre by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Baked Salmon with Ginger Marinade by Feeding Big
- Crab Caesar Salad by What Smells So Good?
- Crab Imperial by Monica’s Table
- Creamy Shrimp & Sausage Skillet by Crazed Mom
- Grilled Swordfish with Husk Cherry Salsa by From the Bookshelf
- Peppadew Trout en Croûte by Food Lust People Love
- Shrimp and Grits with Andouille Cream Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Surf and Turf for Two by The Freshman Cook
- Colorful Matchstick Salad with Mint Vinaigrette by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Curried Split Peas by Wholistic Woman
- Edamame Waldorf Salad by Ninja Baker
- Saffron and Leek Risotto – Served 2 Ways by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.