Life has been a whirl wind lately. Between end of the year school activities, kitchen renovation prep, soccer, baseball and more baseball , I am basically a mess. I feel lucky that I remember to brush my teeth in the morning. Actually, that’s a lie. I always remember to brush my teeth especially after eating this broccoli salad.
Crunchy, salty and sweet. Sounds more like a cookie than a salad, right?
It is the perfect accompaniment to grilled chicken, a burger or a sandwich. With our kitchen renovations on the horizon, we will be eating lots of sandwiches so I plan on making this salad quite a bit. I hear it looks very pretty on paper plates too!
I love the simplicity of throwing this salad together. Everything goes in a bowl, the dressing gets mixed in and mama is happy. There is no mayonnaise involved so it is also perfect if it sits out for a bit at a BBQ.
Okay, time to go pack some more boxes.
Need some more BBQ side dishes? Here you go:
- 12 ounces package broccoli slaw
- ½ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ½ cup shelled sunflower seeds
- ⅓ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ cup Asian Ginger dressing (see note)
- Put all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Toss well.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.