Tropical Banana Smoothie

by jerseygirl on January 7, 2012 · 14 comments

I know it’s the middle of winter but it was 60 degrees in NJ today.  This warranted the kids playing outside in shorts. ( In our house, shorts weather is anything over 50 degrees.)  We had plenty of warm sunshine so I thought making a tropical smoothie was appropriate. I took my drink out on the patio and closed my eyes. I took a sip and envisioned  a turquoise pool of water, pink sand between my toes and a cool breeze blowing some palm trees.  A shot of rum in this drink might have helped further but it was too early in the day for that.  This smoothie reminded me of a tropical island and that the summer is not too far away. Tonight, it is going back down to 35 degrees and I will be drinking warm tea. But it was nice to have a little summer dreaming even if just for a few hours.

Serves: Tropical Banana Smoothie

Ingredients
  • 2 frozen bananas, sliced
  • 1 can (14 ounces) light coconut milk
  • 1 cup mango chunks
Instructions
  1. Put all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth. Add a few ice cubes if you would like it more frozen. Makes 2 to 3 servings.

leslie January 7, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Wait..can I add some Vodka?? ;)

Katrina January 7, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Looks and sounds great to me. Though we finally got a skiff of snow last night, this has been the strangest (warm) winter here, too!

Alli January 8, 2012 at 5:45 am

Nothing like a smoothie to transport you. Yum and flavors the kids would love.

Bunny January 8, 2012 at 5:31 pm

It’s been an unusually warm winter here in KY too. Days like this help you from getting cabin fever too soon. The smoothie looks great!

Frieda at Purple Oven Mitt January 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Ahhh a little snapshot of summer- love it! Your smoothie looks delicious! Great tip on canned coconut milk.

Happy Blending!

teresa January 8, 2012 at 10:11 pm

i love this, i could use something like this during the cold winter days. your blog looks awesome by the way!

Roxana GreenGirl {A little bit of everything} January 9, 2012 at 8:21 am

this is one of the weirdest winter I can remember. it’s so hard to believe we’re almost mid January I haven’t taken my boots out of the closet and most of the days I go out in a t-shirt.
love the addition of the coconut milk to your smoothies

Ramona January 9, 2012 at 11:33 am

I think I’m going to have to make this. I already have the coconut milk and bananas. I’ll sub pineaplle for the mango though cause I have that already.

Looks fantastic.

Carrie's Experimental Kitchen January 9, 2012 at 2:04 pm

Wish I would have seen this the other day, now it’s freezing again~Looks fantastic!

The Food Hunter January 9, 2012 at 4:38 pm

I love coconut milk in my smoothies!

Debbie January 9, 2012 at 7:09 pm

This sounds simple and delicious! We had the same weather as you the other day but this afternoon we had snow…..crazy!

Jeanette January 9, 2012 at 11:35 pm

Yum, coconut milk definitely makes this smoothie tropical and transports me back to Hawaii.

Zee January 10, 2012 at 6:33 am

We can only dream about mangoes here this time of the year :(
But this smoothie looks great and I like that you have used coconut milk instead of ordinary milk.. I shall give this a try as soon as mangoes enter the market