Strawberry Mesclun Salad

by jerseygirl on July 4, 2008 · 10 comments

Happy Fourth of July! Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday and appreciating all the freedoms we have. Even though the weather has been a bit dreary today, the rain held out so that we could have a nice barbecue with our neighbors. There were many things on the menu but I decided to share this simple salad that we served. I happened to be in the grocery store this morning and found a pomegranate infused balsamic blush vinegar. Perfect for this dressing. Enjoy!

Strawberry Mesclun Salad with almonds and goat cheese

2 TBS balsamic vinegar
2 TBS canola oil
2 TBS sugar
salt and pepper to taste
4 to 6 cups baby mesclun greens
1 1/4 cups sliced strawberries
1/4 cup sliced toasted almonds
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese

In a small bowl, whisk the vinegar, oil and sugar together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix the greens, strawberries, almonds and goat cheese together in a salad bowl. Toss with the dressing until well combined.

Jeena July 5, 2008 at 6:29 am

Beautiful salad, the pommegranite infused balsamic sounds delicious, if

If I saw that in the shops I would try some for sure. I love your combination of ingredients especially almonds, yum.

Peter M July 5, 2008 at 12:13 pm

Happy July 4th and yes indeed, strawberries & salad rock!

Prudy July 5, 2008 at 1:39 pm

Gorgeous salad. I’d love to try that vinegar.

Beth July 5, 2008 at 2:46 pm

The pomegranite infused balsamic sounds great. Doubt I’d get it in the UK!?

Clumbsy Cookie July 5, 2008 at 4:53 pm

That vinegar must be great, you allways seem to find new things! The salad looks so refreshing!

RecipeGirl July 6, 2008 at 1:03 am

I happened to make a strawberry salad for the 4th too… your version looks fab. And that vinegar looks great- will have to be on the lookout for that! Happy 4th weekend to you 🙂

Bridgett July 6, 2008 at 1:36 am

I would love to find some of the pomegranate balsamic! What a treat that would be for any salad. Your salad is gorgeous and I can just imagine the taste.

Lori July 6, 2008 at 5:27 am

That salad sounds so fresh and delicious, and what a cool balsamic vinegar you found!

Tanya July 6, 2008 at 9:07 am

That salad looks good. I love strawberries in salad. Actually, I love them in anything. They’re one of my very favorite foods.

I will have to look for that balsamic. Yum!

Deborah, Site Administrator July 6, 2008 at 10:21 am

I love anything with goat cheese. I just wish my strawberry plant would hold on to one stinkin’ berry before the birds gobble them up.

Lisa, please contact me at Jerseybites(at)gmail(dot)com. I’d love to trade links with you on JerseyBites and invite you to join our social network at jerseybiters.ning.com. We’ve got a good group of jersey food bloggers there as well as food enthusiasts. It’s a great place to spread the word about your blog.

Hope to talk to you soon.
Deb Smith