Take a bite out of Italy with these Italian Nachos! They are loaded with sharp cheese, olives, prosciutto and basil. Perfect for game day!
Italian Nachos for World Cup Game Day
Are you watching the World Cup? It's a great excuse to make some gameday food like this Italian Nachos recipe.
Our house is filled with soccer fans and the games are the only thing on our TV. I have a twelve year old son who just can't get enough soccer. He plays it, practices it, reads about it and watches it.
But you can't watch the World Cup without snacks right?
The Better Chip
The Better Chip Team contacted me before the World Cup and asked if I could create a nacho recipe with their chips. I received these goodies right before the World Cup started. The Better Chip tortilla chips are delicious and come in a cool variety of unique flavors. They are made of all natural ingredients and are always fresh.
So many recipes and nacho ideas were wracking my brain. But then I saw the Italy versus Uruguay game and I knew what my recipe would be. As I love Italian food, but also adore nachos, I went with a cross culture snack and Italian Nachos it was.
I thought the red beet chips, green spinach and kale chips were perfect to use and represent the colors of the Italian flag. This snack represents everything Italian and they are delicious! You can add or subtract ingredients but I used ricotta cheese, olives, tomatoes, fresh basil, Provolone cheese and crispy prosciutto. A little balsamic glaze gave the nachos great zip. Add as much or as little as you like and enjoy!
Want More Italian Recipes For Game Day? I have plenty!
- Pepperoni Bread
- Tomato Pesto Caprese Skewer Bites
- Homemade Marinated Olives Recipe
- Ricotta Tomato Tart
- Fried Mozzarella and Balsamic Heirloom Tomato Crostini
Okay, it's time to go watch the game. USA is playing Germany. Go USA! And it's time to eat my Italian nachos!
***The Better Chip provided me with product and/or compensation for this post, however the opinions I shared are my own.
If you like this Italian Nacho recipe, please rate it 5-stars below.
Take A Bite Out Of Italy Nachos
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 3 ounces thin sliced prosciutto chopped
- 1 bag The Better Chip 2 ounces, Beet flavor
- 1 bag The Better Chip 2 ounces, Spinach and Kale flavor
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- chopped Italian olives
- chopped tomatoes
- fresh chopped basil
- shredded Italian cheese such as Parmesan Asiago or Provolone
- In a medium sized frying pan, heat oil to medium heat. Add prosciutto and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp. Set aside on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Spread the chips out onto a large platter.
- Spread each chip with a little ricotta cheese.
- Top with olives, tomatoes, basil. Drizzle some of the balsamic glaze on the chips.
- Sprinkle with Italian cheese and reserved prosciutto.
- Serve and enjoy.
Originally Published June 2014: Updated January 2021