Strawberry French Toast Sliders with Cannoli Cream are divine. Make these for brunch and your family or guests will really be impressed!
If you are looking for the perfect recipe to make for Valentine's Day, Mother's Day brunch, or just a special weekend breakfast, you just found it. This recipe includes some of my favorite ingredients. I'm happy that I can get good strawberries year round in my market. Pair them with some creamy chocolate chip cannoli filling, French toast and you will be in heaven!
These Strawberry French Toast Sliders with Cannoli Cream are made with Hawaiian rolls but don't expect to pick them up with your hands. Both a knife and fork are required as they can be a little messy. I licked the plate and fork clean so the messiness was gone.
If you are a fan of my Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries, then you will love this breakfast or brunch recipe. Let's not count calories because this is a really special breakfast. We will save the healthy frittata breakfast for some other day. This french toast contains all food groups so it's very balanced too, right?
Making this French toast requires a bit of work but I would say it's easy work. And the type of work where you are rewarded with a decadent breakfast.
The cannoli cream and strawberries can be made in advance so its easy to assemble the sliders when you want to serve them. If you make the strawberries in advance, they can be warmed in the microwave before the sliders are assembled. I usually make homemade whipped cream from scratch because it is a favorite guilty pleasure of mine but feel free to use a can if you want something even easier.
Now start cooking so you can brunch so hard!
Strawberry French Toast Sliders with Cannoli Cream
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese drain if there is any water
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 16 ounces strawberries cored and sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 Hawaiian slider rolls split in half
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup whipped cream for garnish
- In a medium size bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, powdered sugar and chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat a large non- stick pan on medium heat. Add strawberries and sugar to the pan. Mix well and cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until strawberries are bubbly. Set aside and keep warm.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Dip each side of the slider rolls in the milk and egg mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick fry pan on medium heat. Melt half the butter and cook the roll halves for a few minutes or until golden brown. Flip once in the middle of cooking. Repeat until all slider rolls are cooked.
- To assemble, spread half of the slider rolls with the ricotta mixture. Top with the cooked strawberries and then another slider roll half. Reserve some of the strawberry syrup.
- Garnish each slider with whipped cream and strawberry syrup before serving.