I partnered with Land O’Lakes and the Feedfeed to create this Philadelphia Cheesesteak Breakfast Sandwich that is topped with an egg making it the perfect hearty breakfast. You can now have steak and eggs for breakfast on a fresh roll with lots of melted Land O Lakes® Deli American!
Philadelphia cheesesteaks are a favorite with the boys in my house. Since we live really close to Philadelphia, it is easy to get a delicious cheesesteak. There are so many good places nearby to get a great sandwich, but it’s also nice to make them at home and I do that often.
There are a few things to consider when deciding on what makes a great cheesesteak. First, the bread has to be fresh and it should be a hoagie roll. Second, the steak has to be tender with little or no gristle. Last, the cheesesteak has to have lots of melted cheese. I made sure all these things were in place then topped my sandwich with a perfect fried egg. How good does this sound for breakfast?
Fried onions or ketchup can be added to your sandwich. However, I am a purist when it comes to a cheesesteak. It is no different with a cheesesteak breakfast sandwich. I prefer mine only with a fried egg on top. If you like a runny yolk, make sure to use pasteurized eggs and cook it enough so that the outside of the yolk is somewhat firm. Always keep eggs refrigerated before using.
I cook the steak in a pan then cover it with Land O Lakes® Deli American. The heat is turned down very low and the pan is covered so it will melt. Land O Lakes® Deli American is sliced fresh to order at the deli of your local supermarket. It’s creamy and melts perfectly on my cheesesteak breakfast sandwiches. My family also loves it cold, as last year my teenage son took a deli American sandwich to lunch at least three times a week.
If you want to make a special breakfast or brunch, try these Philadelphia Cheesesteak breakfast sandwiches. You don’t have to go to Philly to have a good sandwich!
Here are some more hearty breakfast recipes:
Make Ahead Breakfast Burritos by Everyday Eileen
Philadelphia Breakfast Cheesesteak
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 16 ounces chip steak
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 to torpedo style hoagie rolls 6 inch size, split
- 6 slices Land O Lakes Deli American
- 3 large eggs*
- 1 TBS dried parsley for garnish if desired
- In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil to medium heat and add the chip steak to the pan.
- Cook the steak for a few minutes or until no longer pink. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well and top the pan with 6 slices of American cheese.
- Reduce heat to low and cover the pan. Cook for about 30 seconds or until cheese is melted. Turn off heat.
- Coat a non- stick pan with cooking spray and heat on medium heat. Add eggs and cook for about 5 minutes or until the whites are no longer clear and the yolks are firm.
- Split the rolls in half and divide the cheesesteak into three portions. Use a spatula to place each portion on a roll. Top each sandwich with a fried egg. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.