This Double Decker Chocolate Strawberry Fudge is easy to make and perfect for gift giving. Who wouldn't want to receive this pink fudge treat for Valentine's Day or Mother's Day?
Every year we go to the Jersey Shore and we always make a trip to one of the homemade fudge stores on the boardwalk. There is something about salt air and sweets that go together and my family does not miss the opportunity.
When I walk in the store, the smell mesmerizes me and it really is hard to choose one flavor. So normally, we buy a few different flavors and have a fudge tasting after dinner.
Well again, I couldn't decide on a flavor, so I choose two flavors to make this double layered pink fudge. Why pick one when it's simple enough to put the flavor of chocolate and strawberry all in one bite?
Of course, you'll love this fudge if you are a chocolate lover. I make this fudge as well as my Chocolate Hershey Bar Cake whenever I have "chocolate lover guests" visiting my house.
If you like this treat, you might also like my Maraschino Cherry Cupcakes for Valentine's Day!
- semi sweet chocolate chips (regular and mini size)
- sweetened condensed milk - Make your own homemade condensed milk if you are out of the canned version.
- white chocolate chips
- strawberry cake mix
How to Make Double Decker Fudge
- Line a pan with foil or parchment paper.
- Add the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter into a medium size sauce pan over low to medium heat.
- Stir mixture until melted and blended together.
- Pour the fudge into the pan.
- Let the chocolate layer harden for about 30 minutes before making the strawberry layer.
- Using a large bowl, whisk the cake mix and sweetened condensed milk together and add to a medium size sauce pan with the white chocolate chips. Combine all ingredients together over medium heat and mix until melted and blended.
- Pour over the chocolate layer and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight so that the fudge sets before cutting into squares.
- (See Recipe card for full instructions.)
Pink Fudge Variations
If you would rather have another color or flavor for the strawberry fudge, you can easily adapt this recipe. Here are some suggestions:
- Instead of strawberry cake mix, substitute another flavor like vanilla, banana or orange.
- Substitute vanilla cake mix but add a drop of food coloring to make it any color you'd like.
- Instead of chocolate chips, top the fudge with sprinkles. You can adapt this recipe to whatever holiday you are celebrating with festive sprinkles.
You can use a variety of pans. If you use a smaller 8x8, the fudge will be thicker. If you use a larger pan the fudge will be more spread out and thinner.
You can put it in a pretty box tied with a ribbon or you could even wrap individul pieces in wax paper or small treat bags. Check your local craft supply store for boxes, wrapping paper and treat bags.
Store tightly wrapped in your refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Yes, this fudge freezes well. Make sure it is in an airtight container and it can be frozen for up to 2 months. It is best frozen whole then cut into pieces once it is defrosted. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
More No Bake Sweet Treats
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Salted Almond Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats
- Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Squares via Renee's Kitchen Adventures
If you like this chocolate strawberry fudge recipe, please give it 5 stars below.
Double Decker Chocolate Strawberry Fudge
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces sweetened condensed milk , divided use 2 cans
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup strawberry cake mix
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips (or sprinkles)
- Line a 8x8 square pan or 8X11 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Add the semi sweet chocolate chips, 1 can of milk (reserve other can for later), and butter into a medium pan over low to mediumheat. Stir mixture well until melted and well combined.
- Pour the fudge into the pan and alow the chocolate layer to harden for about 30 minutes before making the strawberry layer.
- In a medium pan on medium heat, melt the white chocolate chips. Whisk in the remaining can of condensed milk with the strawberry cake mix. Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes while stirring well so that mixture becomes melted and smooth.
- Pour the strawberry layer over the chocolate later and sprinkle with the mini chocolate chips or sprinkles.
- Refrigerate at least a few hours before cutting into pieces.