Crispy Air Fryer Turkey Bacon has fewer calories than regular bacon, tastes great and is easy to make in your air fryer with no grease splatters all over your kitchen. Delicious turkey bacon is a great alternative and a healthy choice for busy mornings when you crave a salty protein.
You might heard that you can't (or shouldn't) cook bacon in an air fryer. Well, set that notion aside and get ready to make the tastiest crispy turkey bacon you've ever had. This is one of those air fryer recipes that you will return to over and over again for a quick breakfast side dish, sandwiches and for topping your burgers.
After discovering how easy it is to make breakfast sausage in the air fryer, I knew I needed to try bacon. The cooking process is simple and less mess. The cooking time is quick which is perfect for my busy family and I love having a healthier alternative to normal bacon. No extra oil is needed and this leaner option is the best way to make bacon for breakfast or brunch.
Choosing Turkey Bacon
All you need for this recipe is turkey bacon and you will find several options at your local grocery store when you shop. Turkey bacon is made with turkey that has been chopped, formed and smoked to give it a taste similar to regular pork bacon. Turkey bacon is cured with sodium nitrates while uncured bacon isn't, making it nitrate free and a popular choice for those wanting a more natural product. There are also low sodium varieties available for those watching their salt intake. I also find a peppered turkey bacon at my grocery store which makes the best part of my breakfast.
How to Make the Best Turkey Bacon
- Preheat your air fryer and for best results, spray the basket with cooking spray.
- Lay turkey bacon slices in a single layer on the tray or in the air fryer basket.
- Cook the turkey bacon for 8 to 10 minutes or until it reaches desired crispiness. Flip halfway through cooking time.
- Rest the bacon on paper towels for a few moments before serving.
See recipe card below for exact instructions.
- Lay the turkey bacon in a single layer in your air fryer basket.
- Air fry turkey bacon in batches if necessary.
- Slice the turkey bacon in half if you can't fit it into your air fryer basket.
- If using an air fryer oven, switch rack position in the middle of cooking.
- To prevent smoke while cooking turkey bacon, place a slice of bread in the drip tray of your air fryer to catch any grease.
- You can line your air fryer with sheets of parchment paper.
- You may need to adjust the cook time according to your air fryer model.
- Drain the bacon on paper towels before serving as this will absorb any excess grease.
- Clean your air fryer well after cooking bacon.
Keep an eye on your turkey bacon while it is cooking as different air fryers cook slightly different. Start with 8 minutes of cooking time then add an extra few minutes if needed. If your personal preference is more crispy bacon, you can cook it longer.
Leftover turkey bacon can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days but it will taste the best straight out of the air fryer. You can reheat your bacon in the air fryer for 2 to 3 minutes in a preheated air fryer basket or rack. Find out more on how long turkey bacon will last HERE.
Turkey bacon generally has less fat and less sodium, especially when you buy lower sodium varieties, than traditional pork bacon but it should still be enjoyed in moderation.
Turkey bacon does not have as much fat as regular bacon so it might not get as crisp. It will be slightly crispy and a rich brown color. It should not be translucent. You can overcook turkey bacon and it can dry out so be attentive.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
- Air Fryer Breakfast Sausage
- Air Fryer Boiled Eggs
- Air Fryer Biscuits from Everyday Eileen
- Air Fryer French Toast from The Recipe Critic
If you like this Air Fryer Turkey Bacon, please leave a 5-star rating below.
Crispy Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- 12 ounces turkey bacon
- Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees. Spray cooking rack or baskets with cooking spray. Add the turkey bacon slices in a single layer. (If you cannot fit all, cook in batches.)
- Cook for 9 to 10 minutes flipping once in between cooking. Also alternate the baking racks if using more than one in an air fryer oven. Cook until desired crispiness.
- Rest on paper towels a few minutes before serving.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.