If you love lemon custard pie you will adore this simple blender lemon pie that can be mixed up in just minutes. Simply blend all of the ingredients, including whole lemons, then pour the mixture into a store bought or homemade crust and bake until it is golden and creamy. Each slice of citrusy goodness is refreshing and delicious.
As soon as spring hits, I crave lemon desserts and baked goods. I make Lemon Olive Oil Muffins for breakfast and No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Cups as dessert when I have company. Now it's time to make this lemon custard pie. Grab your blender as it makes this blender lemon pie super easy to create!
If you love pie but think it's too much work, you are in luck. This blender lemon pie could easily be called lazy pie because it is so incredibly easy to make. In fact, this simple lemon custard pie is the perfect recipe for making with kids because all you need to do is buzz all the ingredients in a blender, pour it into a crust and bake. Plus, you can have the kids pick the seeds out of the lemons so you don't have to!
Don't let the fact that whole lemons go in this blender lemon pie scare you off either. There will be no bitter taste from the pith and the custard will be incredibly smooth with just the right amount of texture. Using whole lemons will give you that incredible citrusy flavor you crave.
Ingredients in Lemon Custard Pie
- Lemons – Slice fresh lemons wedges and remove all of the seeds.
- Eggs - Bring eggs to room temperature.
- Butter - Use unsalted butter that has been melted and cooled.
- Sugar - Regular white sugar will work best. This recipe has not been tested with sugar substitutes.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract enhances all of the other flavors without adding a noticeable vanilla flavor.
- Pie Crust – Refrigerated pie crusts or ready made shells makes this recipe super easy but you can make a homemade crust if you like.
- Cool Whip – Thaw a container of cool whip or use sweetened whipped cream.
How to Make Blender Lemon Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Slice 2 lemons into wedges and remove all of the seeds.
- Add the lemons, eggs, cooled butter, sugar, and vanilla into the blender and blend on medium for 3-4 minutes or until smooth. Pour the lemon custard pie mixture into the prepared pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until custard is set and the crust is golden.
- Cool the pie to room temperature. Top with whipped cream or Cool whip and chill for 1 hour before serving. (See recipe card below for full ingredients and instructions.)
Tips and Variations
- For the smoothest filling, use room temperature eggs and melted butter that has been cooled.
- Select small to medium lemons as they typically have less pith.
- Slicing the lemons rather than cutting into wedges may make it easier to remove the seeds.
- Use store bought pie crust to save time. You can also substitute in a graham cracker, cookie or gluten free crust.
- This blender lemon pie will not set as it cools so cook until it is no longer jiggly in the center.
- Whipped cream or Cool Whip looks beautiful and tastes great but you can skip it and use a dusting of powdered sugar instead.
- Top the pie with a bit of fresh lemon zest and a few slices of lemon. Candied lemon peel would also be fun.
- Refrigerate any leftovers and consume within 5 days.
- I find this lemon custard pie to be most refreshing when chilled but it can be served at room temperature.
- You can freeze this pie for up to three months.
- Try making this pie with limes!
More Pie Recipes
- Sweet Ricotta Pie
- Itty Bitty Concord Grape Pies
- Frozen Peanut Butter Pretzel Pie from Barth Bakery
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie from Three Olives Branch
If you are looking for a refreshing dessert that doesn't take a lot of time, this simple Lemon Custard Blender Pie is exactly the thing your dreams are made of.
If you like this Blender Lemon Pie, please leave a 5-star rating.
Lemon Custard Blender Pie
- 2 small lemons, sliced into wedges
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (9 to 10 inches)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (or sweetened whipped cream)
- Preheat the oven to 350’ degrees. Prepare the 2 lemons by cutting into wedges and removing all seeds.
- Add all ingredients into the blender and blend on medium for 3-4 minutes or until smooth. Pour the lemon pie mixture into the ready made pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until custard is set and crust is golden.
- Let pie cool and bring to room temperature. Top with whipped cream or Cool whip and chill for 1 hour before serving.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.