This is the last week of school and I am looking forward to some lazy summer mornings. Summertime means pool time, trips for ice cream, staying up late and of course, plenty of fresh fruit such as strawberries!
We missed the boat on strawberry picking this year but there are plenty of juicy ripe berries in the grocery stores and at the farmers markets. They have been invading my refrigerator and I love it. While I love making drinks, tarts and muffins with them, this time I went with something really healthy. These strawberry parfaits are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack. I used plain non fat Greek yogurt to cut out some sugar and calories. A sprinkling of granola and a drizzle of honey gives it a nice amount of sweetness and crunch. I could wake up to this breakfast every morning.
Feel free to change up the fruit. I know I will be trying blueberries, raspberries and peaches. What is your favorite summer breakfast?
- 2 cups sliced strawberries, plus 4 extra for garnish
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt ( I used non fat)
- 2 TBS honey
- ½ cup granola
- Place the strawberries in four parfait glasses. Top with yogurt.
- Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with granola.
- Garnish with the extra strawberry and serve.