This post is sponsored by Hershey’s but as usual all opinions are my own.
Remember the yummy Hershey’s spreads that I have been snacking on for the last month? Thanks to Hershey’s, I am giving some away along with snacks to go with it. I also have a recipe for you that tastes much better than a candy bar.
I have been pairing so many great things with these chocolate spreads. My son has been eating them with a spoon straight from the jar. That’s a good way, I tell you. But I like variety so I have been trying these spreads with pretzels, potato chips, fruit, coffee, whipped cream…..you name it.
Today’s recipe pairs Hershey’s Chocolate Spread With Almond and crispy rice cereal. This means that these snacks are good enough to eat at breakfast. Right? My kids will love to hear this. Not sure if this is the moral thing to do so we can keep it to non- school day breakfasts.
The smooth chocolate, crispy rice cereal and crunchy almonds was a bit like heaven. It made me think I was eating a rich chocolaty candy bar. Due to my love of sweet with salty, I gave these little bites a light sprinkling of sea salt. Mmmmnnn, they tasted even better. The almonds and salt remind you that these treats are not just for kids. They are adult friendly too.
While I prefer some crunchy toasted almonds on top, my kids liked them with colorful sprinkles. I used cute pink and red sprinkles just in time for Valentine’s day. You can use any type of sprinkles that go with a holiday. I just might see these back on my Easter table with pastel colors. The Hershey’s Chocolate with Almond Spread was perfect to use for these treats. I also want to try the hazelnut spread next time I make these. I think using crushed hazelnuts would be terrific too.
So who would like to win some smooth chocolate goodness? One of my lucky readers will get their own spread possibilities kit and you can do all kinds of pairings. Why not try making these crispy treats or some Chocolate Hazelnut Ricotta Pillows?
To enter to win, please leave a comment telling me what you would pair with Hershey’s Chocolate spreads. For extra entries you can:
Please make sure you leave a comment telling me that you liked, subscribed or pinned for additional entries. Contest ends on January 25th at 11:59 EST. You must have a US mailing address to enter. The winner will be chosen by random.org and I will notify them by email. The winner has 48 hours to respond to receive the prize.
Now for the recipe……Yum! Enjoy.
- 3 TBS butter
- 1¼ cup Hershey’s Chocolate with Almond Spread, divided
- 20 large marshmallows
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- fine sea salt
- crushed almonds
- colored sprinkles
- In a large sauce pan ,melt the butter over low heat.
- Mix in ¼ cup of the Hershey chocolate spread and the marshmallows. (Reserve the rest of the spread for topping the bites.) Stir the mixture until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Mix in rice cereal until well coated.
- Spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray. With wet hands, put balls of the mixture into muffin tin and flatten to fit each cup. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan.
- Spread the top of each cup generously with the chocolate spread. Sprinkle with sea salt, almonds, and sprinkles.