I was on a lemon kick a few weeks ago but currently my latest craze is strawberries. Every time I go to the produce market or grocery store, I see big boxes of beautiful strawberries and I have to bring a few home. They are great for breakfast and dessert. Don’t tell anyone but this was my dinner the other night. I includes fruit and cheese so that’s pretty healthy, right?
Seriously, this tart was so easy to put together and I will be making it all summer. My husband is not a big chocolate fan but he thought this had the perfect amount of chocolate on top. I plan on keeping a stash of frozen puff pastry dough in my freezer and making this with other types of fruit too. I think it would be fantastic with raspberries, cherries or a mixture of different berries. White chocolate drizzle would work too.
Need more strawberry inspiration? Try these recipes:
- 1 large sheet of thawed puff pastry (about 8 to 9 ounces)
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1 TBS coarse sugar
- ¼ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 TBS heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out pastry dough and place on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together ricotta and powdered sugar. Spread on pasty dough.
- Place the sliced strawberries on top of the ricotta in a neat decorative order. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake tart for about 16 to 21 minutes or until edges of pastry is golden brown.
- While tart is baking, melt the chocolate chips and add the cream. Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the tart with the chocolate after it comes out of the oven.
- Cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.