This Vegetable Barley Soup Recipe is made in my Power Quick Pot. A comforting but healthy vegan meal will be on your table in 15 minutes! Instructions for stovetop or any Instant pot are included too.
This is a sponsored post with Tri Star Products. As usual, all opinions are my own.
This home cook has a new kitchen toy to play with! Tri Star Products sent me a brand new Power Quick Pot several weeks ago and I can't seem to stop playing. I have made everything from potato leek soup to pulled pork to a seven pound turkey breast. Can you imagine cooking a whole turkey breast in 40 minutes?
Since my daughter stopped home from college, I figured I'd make her some containers of soup to take back with her. She is a vegetarian so Vegetable Barley Soup was her choice. This soup recipe also happens to be vegan. It reheats up well in the microwave and can be stored in the freezer too.
The Power Quick Pot is Amazing!
I want to tell you more about this multi- purpose pot. Several months ago, I had the opportunity to be in the audience for an informercial taping for the Power Quick Pot. It included a celebrity chef cook off hosted by Kimberly Locke. The four chefs were Monti Carlo, Rock Harper, Jenny Behm and Ryan Scott. They did a wonderful job in creating some tasty dishes using this amazing appliance.
The lucky audience (yes, me!) got to be taste testers and judge the competition. The chefs were challenged to create recipes using the Power Quick Pot with themes such as dinner entrées, create a meal in one minute prep time, frozen to fabulous and a desserts category. I did some serious eating and it was all delicious!
The celebrity chefs used many of the different cooking functions to create all their dishes. I am now cooking with my Power Quick Pot and love the versatility of being able to cook anything I want in it. It's very easy to use as it has one-touch cooking settings and I love cooking food fast! Like I said before, a large turkey breast was made in 40 minutes. The pressure cooker function allows me to cook food fast but also make healthy dishes by preserving nutrients. It's a great way to cook vegetables. Last, but not least, clean-up is super easy. And who doesn't love that?
Order Your Power Quick Pot
So check out my Vegetable Barley Soup recipe. Now let me go cook something for dinner in 15 minutes! So healthy but so comforting.
Super Quick Vegetable Barley Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 16 ounces frozen soup vegetables
- 14 ounce can fire roasted tomatoes
- 32 ounces vegetable broth or stock
- ½ cup quick cooking barley
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Set the Power Quick Pot to saute. Once it is hot, add the oil, onion and carrots. Saute for 5 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Add the frozen soup vegetables, tomatoes with juices, broth and barley. Set the Power Quick pot to pressure cooker and a custom time of 7 minutes on med.
- Once soup has completed cooking time, slowly release pressure for 5 minutes. Remove lid and season with salt and pepper to taste.