A Spiked Arnold Palmer is the perfect summertime (or anytime) cocktail. Nothing is more refreshing than cooling off with a blend of lemonade, sweet iced tea and whiskey or Bourbon. It's so easy, and you'll be sipping this Arnold Palmer with alcohol in just a few minutes.
The refreshing Arnold Palmer drink has been around forever (or at least before I was even born). This has been my favorite beverage to drink on a hot day since I have been a teenager. Of course, it didn't contain alcohol when I first started drinking it. We always keep whiskey and Bourbon in our house as this is my husband's drink of choice. What better match than to make a refreshing Arnold Palmer cocktail with whiskey or Bourbon?
- Sweet Tea – Sweetened black tea is my favorite choice here but feel free to experiment with green tea or even herbal teas.
- Lemonade – I'm a fan of good old fashioned homemade lemonade.
- Whiskey or Bourbon – Choose your favorite and adjust the amount to your preferred tastes. You can also use vodka.
- Lemon or Orange Slices – Fresh citrus slices add a little extra flavor and make this Spiked Arnold Palmer look beautiful.
How To Make A Spiked Arnold Palmer
- Fill two glasses halfway with ice.
- Pour in the whiskey or bourbon.
- Add in the lemonade and sweet tea.
- Stir and garnish with a citrus slice before serving.
Tips for Making Arnold Palmer with Alcohol
- Save time by using storebought lemonade and sweet tea or take this coctail to a whole new level by making homemade lemonade and homemade sweet tea.
- For an extra cold and refreshing tea, mix everything in a shaker with ice before straining into a cup with fresh ice.
- Double, triple or quadruple the recipe and make a pitcher full to serve a crowd. This Spiked Arnold Palmer is perfect for a backyard party.
- Don't like a watered down drink once the ice melts? Freeze lemonade or sweet tea in ice cube trays.
More Refreshing Cocktails
- Orange Basil Cocktail
- Strawberry Mojitos with Fresh Strawberries
- Blood Orange Rosemary Vodka Cocktail from Souffle Bombay
If you like this Arnold Palmer with Alcohol, please leave a 5-star rating.
Spiked Arnold Palmer with Whiskey
- 8 ounces sweet tea
- 6 ounces lemonade
- 4 ounces Whiskey or Bourbon
- fresh lemon or orange slices for garnish
- Fill two glasses halfway with ice. Add 2 ounces of whiskey to each glass. Fill with divided amounts of sweet tea and lemonade. Garnish with fresh lemon or orange slices.
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.