This week, Sunday Supper is all about fancy appetizers. The Grammys are tonight and the Academy Awards are right around the corner. Truthfully, I am not a big awards show watcher but I will use any excuse to have a party. I'm always up for inviting friends over and having some cocktails.
Many of the parties I host have an appetizer theme. I like to serve several hot and cold appetizers, chips and dip, a vegetable plate and some desserts. Add a signature cocktail, some wine and soda. Now we have ourselves a good party.
I also like to have my guests serve themselves so I can enjoy being with my friends. The appetizers are served buffet style on my island where everyone seems to hang out. Prosciutto and blue cheese pear bites are a perfect fancy appetizer that takes only a few minutes to make. No special equipment or stove is needed. They are easy to eat, especially when watching TV. These can be made in advance and my friends that are low carbing love me!
Thank you to Wendy from Wholistic Woman for hosting this fine Sunday Supper appetizer party. Now take a look at all the yummy recipes. Then get busy in your kitchen!
Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites #SundaySupper
- 1 large pear
- 4 ounces good quality blue cheese
- 3 to 4 ounces thin sliced Prosciutto cut into 2 inch strips
- balsamic glaze
- Slice the pear in half and remove core and seeds. Slice into about 20 small wedges.
- Cut cheese into about 20 small strips. Place a piece of cheese on each pear wedge. Wrap with a thin slice of Prosciutto.
- Place all the pear wedges on a plate then drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
- BLT Crostini Sliders with Avocado Aioli by Casa de Crews
- Easy Caprese Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- French Onion Palmiers by Cooking With Carlee
- Ham and Mustard Spirals by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Mozzarella Cheese Sticks by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Middle Eastern Deviled Eggs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Mushroom and Blue Cheese Gougeres by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Simple Greek Pinwheels with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Soppressata Puffs by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baba Ganoush by The Crumby Cupcake
- Baked Fruit and Nut Camembert by Sunday Supper Movement
- Caesar Salad Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cucumber Bites with Creole Shrimp and Guacamole by Life Tastes Good
- Dates with Goat Cheese, Prosciutto and Truffle Honey by Monica’s Table
- Drunken Asparagus with Feta and Prosciutto by Wholistic Woman
- Italian Chicken Meatballs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Japanese Meatballs by NinjaBaker.com
- Loaded Hasselback Potatoes Mini Size by Crazed Mom
- Mini Caprese Bites With Balsamic Drizzle by My Sweet Savings
- Pork Dumplings by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Prosciutto and Blue Cheese Pear Bites by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Lime Shrimp Cups by Our Good Life
- Mini Crab Cakes by My Savory Spoon
- Oysters Rockefeller by Caroline’s Cooking
- Scallop Crudo with Citrus by Cricket’s Confections
- Shrimp Martini by Palatable Pastime
- Southwestern Shrimp Spring Rolls by The Freshman Cook
- Tuna Poke Mochi Waffles by Brunch-n-Bites
- Gluten Free Champagne Cake Pops by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Loaded Chocolate Dipped Potato Chips by Desserts Required
- Mini S’mores Tarts by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cheesecake Bars by Pies and Plots
- Sweet Dijon Pecan Baked Brie Bites by Soulfully Made
- Wine Gummy Bears by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Baked Eggplant Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Blue Cheese Asparagus Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Broccoli Pesto Potato Bites by Simple and Savory
- Mushroom Purses by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Roasted Carrot Soup by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.