Festive Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches are a delicious holiday treat. Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches are the easiest oreo dessert or mix and match with your favorite cookies and ice cream. I bet you can't just eat one of these cookie ice cream sandwiches!
I love this holiday time of year where there are plenty of reasons to make treats and desserts. Every year about a few weeks before Christmas, I turn on the oven and bake up piles of cookies. We like to give goodies to teachers, bus drivers, neighbors and friends.
Every person in our household has a favorite cookie of theirs, but the truth is, baking cookies is not my favorite thing to do. I would much rather cook a full meal or create something fun.
This year, I decided to go with a new treat to serve around holiday time and give to the neighbors. Since ice cream and OREOs are two of my family's favorites, it would only make sense to make this treat.
These cute little sandwiches can be rolled with whatever type of sprinkles you like. The fun part is changing the flavors of ice cream and sprinkles every time you make them. I store them in cupcake liners in a festive plastic tin and take them out of the freezer every time we have company. And of course, several tins are given to friends after my kids eat their fair share.
Ingredients Needed for Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Cookies - You can stick with Oreos and give this oreo dessert a whole new flavor by swapping out the flavor of the Oreos. You can also use other storebought cookies or even homemade cookies like chocolate chip or shortbread.
- Ice Cream – Vanilla ice cream is a classic flavor and compliments the cookies so well. Double up the oreo flavor by using cookies and cream ice cream. Add decadence with chocolate ice cream. Select your favorite ice cream flavor because you really can't go wrong.
- Sprinkles – No matter which flavor of cookie or ice cream you select, the sprinkles give these Oreo ice cream sandwiches personality. I used red and green sprinkles for Christmas but you can select any combination of colors. Match a holiday, color for a baby shower or birthday party, even your team colors for a cool game day treat.
THE FLAVOR COMBINATIONS ARE ENDLESS!
These festive OREO ice cream sandwiches are made with traditional OREO cookies and vanilla ice cream. There are so many different flavors to choose from.
- Golden OREOs with lemon ice cream
- Candy cane Joe Joe's with chocolate ice cream
- Peppermint and chocolate is a classic combination and one I use in brownies for the holidays too.
- S'mores OREOs with Rocky Road ice cream
- Chocolate Marshmallo Oreos with strawberry ice cream
There are many seasonal flavors so the possibilities are endless. What are your favorite types of Oreos or cookie sandwiches and ice cream? Use whatever combination you desire!
More Fun Holiday Treats
- Cinnamon Snowball Cookies (Nut Free)
- Drop Sugar Cookies for Christmas
- Saltine Cracker Toffee ( AKA Christmas Crack)
- Cookies & Cream Fudge from Call Me PMC
- Salted Caramel Cookies from Dancing Through the Rain
If you like this Oreo dessert, please leave a 5-star rating.
Festive Oreo Ice Cream Sandwiches!
- 6 scoops ice cream
- 12 OREO cookies
- colored sprinkles
- Put one scoop of ice cream between two OREO cookies. Press down and use a knife to evenly smooth out edges.
- Roll the ice cream edges in sprinkles.
- Keep in freezer until ready to serve.
First Published December 2018 ; Updated October 2021
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen
How cute and so yummy! My boys would love these, they are crazy for sprinkles and of course OREOs!
They are very festive.
I love ice cream sandwiches.
These are so cute! But probably melty. I bet they would work really well with white chocolate covered marshmallows instead of the ice cream too!
Adorable and a great contest - doubt I will get to it with all the holiday stuff going on 🙁
There is so much right about this! So cute, so yummy!
How fun are these! I don't know any kid (or really any adult)- who could pass these up
natalie @ will jog for food