Smores may be summertime's favorite treat but now you can enjoy indoor smores all year round. Air fryer Smores are easy to make in less than 5 minutes; no sticks, no smoke, no campfire needed.
When it comes to dessert, it seems everyone always loves chocolate. Pair it with ooey, gooey marshmallows and you are in heaven! Smores have always been one of my kids favorite summertime treats and thanks to the air fryer, they can enjoy indoor smores all year round. Just like these Air Fryer Pears with Caramel & Cinnamon, smores are super simple and fun to make.
Gathering around the fire pit with friends on a summer evening is fun and relaxing. Bring out the marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers and the night becomes magical for both kids and adults alike.
When the magical nights of summer and fall fade into winter, you don't have to give up your favorite treat. Air fryer smores can be enjoyed all year round. It's a simple dessert the whole family will enjoy.
- Graham Crackers – Regular graham crackers are ideal for a traditional S'more. Use cinnamon Grahams or chocolate Grahams for a fun twist.
- Chocolate Bar – Hershey's is the standard but use your favorite brand of chocolate.
- Marshmallows – Use two marshmallows for each S'more to make them nice and gooey.
See recipe card for exact quantities and instructions.
How to make Smores in the Air Fryer
- Break graham crackers in half and top with two marshmallows.
2. Line your air fryer with foil and place the marshmallow grams inside. Cook for 2-3 minutes at 350 degrees F or until your marshmallow has reached your desired brownness.
3. Top the browned marshmallows with half of a chocolate bar.
4. Top with the remaining graham cracker and enjoy.
Hint: The heat of the marshmallow should be enough to melt the chocolate if your chocolate bars are room temperature. If desired you can top with the chocolate after the marshmallows have cooked and run the air fryer for another 30 seconds to a minute to soften it a bit more.
- Swap the Chocolate – Instead of regular Hershey's Chocolate, use chocolate with almonds, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or your favorite candy bar.
- Use Chocolate Spread – Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread adds a fun flavor.
- Use Other Spreads – Smear the graham cracker with peanut butter, nut or seed butter, or even cookie butter.
- Add Fruit – Thin slices of banana, strawberries or apple can take your indoor smores to a whole new level.
- Gluten Free – Use gluten free Grahams for those with a gluten allergy or intolerance.
You can make Air Fryer Smores in a basket air fryer or an oven type air fryer. The key is to leave room between the smores and avoid over crowding.
Since the cooking time is fairly short, I prefer to line my air fryer with foil to help contain any melted marshmallow messes. You can also use parchment paper. Feel free to poke a few holes in the foil or parchement to allow the air to circulate better.
Air fryers can function slightly differently based on the make, model or style so use the cooking times as a guide and adjust as needed.
Air fryer smores are best enjoyed hot and should not be stored for later as they tend to become soggy. They only take a few minutes to make so make indoor smores any time!
Have everything ready to pop another batch in the air fryer when the first ones come out. I promise you will want seconds.
Yes. Place the bottom grahams and marshmallows on a microwave safe plate. Microwave in 20 second increments until the marshmallow is soft. It will puff up some, this is normal. You can also put them on baking sheet under the broiler for 1 to 2 minutes.
For indoor smores, two regular marshmallows or one large marshmallow works the best. You could use mini marshmallows in a pinch but they aren't an ideal option and they might be a bit messy.
More Easy Desserts
Smores are perfect for a large gathering and it's always fun to end the evening with a sweet treat. Try one of these tasty desserts:
- Lemon No-Bake Cheesecake Cups
- Easy Rustic Apple Cinnamon Tart
- Nutella Cheesecake Dip with Chocolate Chips
- Air Fryer Oreos from Courtney's Sweets
If you like this recipe for Air Fryer Smores, please leave a 5-star rating below.
Air Fryer Smores
- 2 large graham crackers
- 1 Hershey’s chocolate bar
- 2 marshmallows
- Break the graham crackers into two even squares. Put the marshmallows on the bottom halves of the crackers.
- Place them upright in the air fryer for 2-3 minutes on 350degrees F, or until the marshamallow is toasted to your preference.
- Break the chocolate bar in half, so that they are two even squares. Carefully remove the graham crackers with marshmallows from the air fryer and place the chocolate bar on top of the marshmallows. Place the remaining graham cracker on top of the chocolate bar.
- Repeat the process if you would like to make more. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.