My New Kitchen

by jerseygirl on August 22, 2013 · 30 comments

kitchen photo

For years I have been dreaming about the kitchen I wanted to have. We contemplated moving to a bigger house several times but love the community we live in. We couldn’t ask for better neighbors and friends so we decided moving was not an option. Instead we knocked down some walls and made use of the space we had to create a “Great Room”. Now I have the kitchen I want but plenty of space too.

Thank you Grande Decor! They did the most wonderful job. Please take a look at their website and you can see all the beautiful things they do. Now take a peek at our “new house”.ย  ( The new kitchen photos were provided by Michelle Moran Photography. Thanks Michelle!)

First get a glimpse of the old kitchen. Can you believe it? Smile, smile!

Old Kitchen collage

Now for our new space! Quite a difference, don’t you think?

I love the granite counter tops and warm maple cabinets. They give me plenty of working and storage space. We had recessed lighting put in the kitchen and living room area. There is plenty of light especially with the under the counter lighting. It will be easy to entertain with the open space concept.

great room

One of my favorite things is the new island. It has a built in spice cabinet. I filled it in 20 minutes. You can never have enough spices.

island with spice rack

I love my new KitchenAid ย appliances. The fridge is so spacious and cooking with this dual fuel range and double oven is fabulous. It is nice to have my microwave right there also.

stove micro

One more photo and I am off to do some internet shopping. We just got a new area rug and bar stools but there is plenty of small things I still need.

I would love to hear about everyone’s favorite kitchen items. Now that I have more space, I can get a few extra kitchen items. Bowls, gadgets, small appliances….. what’s your favorites?ย  I want to know.

See you back here next week. I know I will be doing plenty of cooking.

side kitchen view

Susan August 22, 2013 at 11:01 pm

Congratulations! It looks fabulous!!! You’re probably so excited. How long did the construction/remodel take?

A totally frivolous kitchen gadget that I love is my Kitchenaid ice cream maker attachment. You store it in the freezer!

I’m a Le Creuset collector, so I definitely think a piece in a fabulous bright color would rock in your new kitchen. Have fun getting it all in order and cooking!

jerseygirl August 23, 2013 at 12:41 am

Susan, it took about 7 weeks. I have the ice cream attachment and love it. I think a nice LeCrusett would look good in the kitchen too.

Jamie@Milk N Cookies August 23, 2013 at 12:01 am

Your new kitchen looks lovely. What a spacious, open place to cook . And that spice rack is so handy! As for appliances…someday I swear I’ll own a griddle so I can whip up large batches of pancakes in the morning. We’re a little tight on space at the moment, but if I had a bigger kitchen, I think that’s the first thing I’d buy.

Congrats again! Looking forward to seeing what you create in your new space : )

john August 23, 2013 at 12:35 am

That kitchen looks so nice that you may never want to leave that space. You may want to stay there 24 hours a day and make great food for your wonderful husband and children. Maybe not so much for the children.

Jeanette August 23, 2013 at 8:54 am

What a gorgeous new kitchen! I’m sure you’ll be even more inspired to whip up lots of great recipes. Happy cooking!

Aggie August 23, 2013 at 11:18 am

Lisa! It’s gorgeous!!! I am so thrilled for your new space! Enjoy!!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl August 23, 2013 at 12:22 pm

It turned out amazing, so glad to know your kitchen is back in place! It looks modern and slick now, really great job! ๐Ÿ™‚

Denise @ Creative Kitchen August 23, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Absolutely beautiful!! Big difference…I love it! Enjoy!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

JulieD August 23, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Wow, Lisa, it’s gorgeous!! Congrats!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ So happy for you!

Amber | Bluebonnets & Brownies August 23, 2013 at 4:35 pm

It looks gorgeous, Lisa! I’m so happy for you. We did something similar to ours 3 years ago, ripping out walls and going down to the studs, and I’m still SO happy with it. Small appliance wise, ditch your toaster and get a Breville Smart Oven, with convection. It may sound like overkill with your double oven, but I swear to you – I use this thing every. single. day. From roasting a small pan of vegetables to baking off 6 cookie dough balls from the freezer, it is great. Especially in summer, when you don’t want to heat up the whole house. And it comes in stainless steel, so will match perfectly with your KitchenAid stuff. ๐Ÿ™‚

kelly @ kellybakes August 23, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Good things come to those who wait–gorgeous kitchens come to those with patience! ๐Ÿ™‚ Lisa, it’s absolutely gorgeous! Seriously, I’m in awe at the transformation. I love how open it is and how much storage you have. I’m sure amazing things will be coming out of that space soon if they’re not already! Congrats & enjoy!

Lisa @Whisk & Cleaver August 23, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Lisa I love the new space! The colors are gorgeous. I’ve been eyeing that same oven/stove combo to replace my barely working double oven. I want to yank out the double oven and use that to store kitchen stuff! I can’t wait to hear how you like the oven/stove. Gorgeous!!

Pam August 23, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Jealous but so happy for you! What a stunning kitchen. The spice rack rocks!!!

Katrina August 23, 2013 at 6:38 pm

That looks wonderful! Love it! So happy for you! Happy Cooking!

Karen Harris August 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm

What a beautiful space to create in. It has such a warm, relaxed vibe. I know you’ll cook up some great dishes in there. I can’t wait to see them.

stacey snacks August 23, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Lisa,
Wow, what a beautiful space. I am so happy for you!!!!!
Beautiful! I love the before and afters………..happy cooking!
xo Stacey

Mimi @ Culinary Couture August 23, 2013 at 11:42 pm

That is one amazing kitchen! The spice cabinet that slides out of the island is INSANE! Congratulations!

Lauryn August 24, 2013 at 12:59 pm

It looks beautiful! We are in the process of making some pretty big decisions with the kitchen and I loved reading over your post! I am finding it so hard to visualize how to make it work. You did a great job!

cquek August 25, 2013 at 4:42 am

Congrats! I wish to have that kitchen too.

Adri August 26, 2013 at 10:14 am

Oh my, but what a positively glorious kitchen. You must be thrilled, and I am too. This is a most propitious meeting. We are just preparing to redo our home, and we are planning our kitchen now. Funnily enough I think my currents cabinets are the same as your old ones.

I can’t wait for updates on your experience with everything, especially your fridge! Your floor is beautiful. Could you give me a few details about it? Thanks a million. Never when I began my site three years ago did I realize how wonderful it would be to cruise the net, meet other bloggers and get to know them. It is a pleasure to “meet” you.

jerseygirl September 13, 2013 at 11:45 am

Hi Adri. Thanks for stopping by. I just realized I forgot to answer your question. I love my fridge. It is a Kitchen Aid and more details are in the post that I wrote for the Kitchen Aid blog.

Here is the link….http://blog.kitchenaid.com/entertaining-kitchen-teens/

Feel free to email me with any other questions

Beth @ Hungry Happenings August 27, 2013 at 8:43 pm

How exciting to have a new kitchen in which to cook all your fabulous recipes. It is really beautiful and looks so spacious. Have fun cooking and entertaining!

Kristina Vanni September 6, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Gorgeous! We have the same microwave/hood and range. Isn’t it the best?!

Kate | Food Babbles September 15, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Your new kitchen is absolutely breathtaking! Love the open concept you chose. I’m sure it makes your whole house feel larger. Love the change!