Bits and Bites: NJ Shore Edition

by jerseygirl on August 5, 2013 · 6 comments

beachHello.  Can I interest you in some food from the Jersey Shore?

We are on vacation this week and there will be plenty of good eating. Nothing tastes better than the food on the boardwalk. Pizza is everywhere and it is BIG pizza. How’s this for a slice? This is from Three Brothers in Ocean City, NJ.

pizza OC

There is nothing like custard at the Jersey shore. Have you ever had Kohr Brothers?  You need to have some just like this kid of mine does. He is intensely eating his ice cream cone.

ed Kohr's Bros

How about some chocolate covered bacon? I tried some at Laura’s Fudge Shop. I wasn’t sure what to expect but it was pretty good. I liked the sweet and salty combination.

chocolate bacon

And here are two cool kids I found on the boardwalk.  Have a great week!

cool kids

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl August 5, 2013 at 9:49 am

The Jersey Shore.. I fell in love with it! Every single summer was spent in Wildwood as a kid (with occasional trips to Ocean City, Cape May, Atlantic City) so this made made me smile and remember such good times. I’ve been wanting to take my husband to the Jersey Shore, especially the boardwalk as I have such fond memories of that place and would love to share it. Great post, thanks!

Ramona August 5, 2013 at 10:26 am

Wow, that pizza slice is huge! All of the food sounds great.

debbie August 11, 2013 at 9:19 am

I want a slice of that pizza.NOW! We don’t have pizza that looks good like that down here in Virginia. Makes me miss Long Island when I see that!!!!

Betty Ann @Mango_Queen August 11, 2013 at 7:40 pm

What awesome beach memories! And thanks for sharing the beach eats. Bookmarked this for our next visit down the shore. It was great seeing you at BSP4! Till next event!

ciaochowlinda August 19, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Oh how I miss the shore. I haven’t been down once this summer! I can’t wait to go and dig into that Kohl’s custard.

Denise August 29, 2013 at 6:23 pm

Wow! I crave Pizza from NJ..I have not been to the Jersey Shore in years! My husband and I moved to Florida when we were just married. 30 years ago. We try to explain to our kids what the boardwalk is like there is no such thing here. They love pizza but have never really had good pizza! I miss being a Jersey girl!