Kitchen News!

by jerseygirl on May 24, 2013 · 20 comments

kitchenI have some great news. We are getting our kitchen remodeled this summer. The construction starts in one month and I am very excited. Our little cozy kitchen will  be a bigger and better gathering space.  Walls will be knocked out, the floor will be replaced, and we will have new granite counter tops, new maple cabinets and new appliances.  I think the part I am most excited about is the island which will be in the center of everything. Our kitchen, dining room and living room will be one big space and the island will be my “cooking command center”.

It seems like whenever we entertain, everyone always hangs out in the kitchen. While my kitchen is not tiny, it does not have enough room to be the central gathering spot.  But with the renovations we are doing, there will be plenty of counter space for everyone. No one will ever be elbowed in my kitchen again!

We picked Grande Decor  to do this exciting renovation for us. So far they have been fabulous to work with. They did a few of my friends kitchens and I was so impressed that we decided to go with them too. I can’t believe that in less than a few months I will have a kitchen I dreamed about.

Since my kitchen is going to be out of commission for 6 weeks I will not be doing my usual cooking. No washing dishes either! But I still will be blogging and you might see just a few of the restaurants we are eating out at.  I will also have some guest bloggers and I will be holding a few fun giveaways.

Our main decisions regarding our renovations have been made.  Cabinets and floors have been picked out. Right now I am working on picking out counter tops, kitchen appliances and smaller kitchen gadgets.  I would love to have some insight on your favorite kitchen things.  What is your favorite kitchen appliance? What is your favorite must have thing in your kitchen? Inquiring minds want to know.

More to come on my kitchen renovation soon.

Enjoy the holiday weekend!

Kristin May 24, 2013 at 12:18 pm

We got the whole Frigidaire Gallery lineup (fridge, microwave, dishwasher, oven). They are that brushed stainless so they don’t show the fingerprints as much. The oven is my favorite part because it has a smaller upper oven (which I use most of the time) and a regular size lower oven for big roasts, etc. They did that by eliminating the storage drawer at the bottom. I love being able to roast veggies in the upper oven while cooking a turkey or something in the lower oven. So convenient, especially in the winter when it is more difficult to grill the veggies outdoors. I am so excited for you! You will have to come over sometime soon to take a look at my kitchen and appliances.

Ramona May 24, 2013 at 12:23 pm

lol….watching my husband cook on his hibachi griddle.

Seriously, I think it’s my microwave.

Good deal. Happy for you.

Pam May 24, 2013 at 12:36 pm

A new kitchen would be awesome!!! Lucky lady.

Danielle @ Growing Foodie May 24, 2013 at 12:41 pm

OMG so excited for you and can’t wait to see the results! Good for you!!

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl May 24, 2013 at 1:49 pm

OOOOOO, this is exciting!! Can’t wait to see the finished pics! I’m sure you can’t wait either!

Karen Harris May 24, 2013 at 8:25 pm

I love my food processor. I got it when we were married years ago and I am just now starting to use if for grating and slicing as well as mixing and chopping. It has made my life so much easier. I can’t wait to see your new kitchen. How thrilling.

Katrina May 24, 2013 at 9:38 pm

How fun for you to get a new kitchen/great room makeover. Mine is a big great room with the kitchen/dining and family room all one big room and I love it! Can’t wait to see.

john May 24, 2013 at 10:05 pm

The kitchen you have now looks great! Wouldn’t it be nice to get your wonderful husband a new bass fishing boat instead?

Kate May 25, 2013 at 12:28 am

I’m jealous of your kitchen remodel – and your kitchen!

Barbara @ Barbara Bakes May 25, 2013 at 7:53 am

How exciting. Can’t wait to see it.

Beth @ Hungry Happenings May 25, 2013 at 8:35 am

I hope the remodel goes smoothly for you and that you love the finished kitchen:)

ciaochowlinda May 25, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Can’t wait to see how the space is transformed.

patsy May 27, 2013 at 8:34 pm

How exciting! I love the sound of your bigger, wide-open space! I hope you’ll share some photos as the project gets started and progresses… I hope to renovate my kitchen sometime in the future… this summer it’s bathroom renovations for us!

Christine (Cook the Story) May 28, 2013 at 9:41 am

How exciting! I can’t wait to see the after pics! Will you be telling us about some of hte decisions you’ve made as you go? I am always so intrigued by remodels.

Sues May 29, 2013 at 7:30 am

Congrats!! My friends and I were just talking about how kitchen renovations are the worst, but are SO SO worth it!! It’s going to be amazing 🙂

Anne ~ Uni Homemaker May 30, 2013 at 4:28 am

A new kitchen is always exciting! I can’t wait until when we update ours. Can’t wait to see the results.

Kate | Food Babbles June 22, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Oh! I’m so jealous! I was supposed to give my kitchen a “face lift” a few months back but then finances got tight and it got put on the back burner. It won’t be a total transformation by any means but I need a change. And my kitchen IS tiny so no one can hang out in there 😉 I can’t wait to see the before and after shots of your kitchen renovation!!!