First, I would like to announce the giveaway winner of the McCormick Elevating Everyday Meals Kit. It is Laura Unger and a big congrats to Laura! Please email me your address and I will get the gift pack shipped out to you.
I have always wanted to make my own jambalaya but have never gotten around to it. After receiving the McCormick recipe and seasoning mixes, the day finally came. It was much easier and quicker than I ever thought it would be. We had another fabulous week night meal. I followed the instructions on the McCormick packet and just added some extra fresh red peppers to the skillet. It was easy to stir the skillet occasionally while I checked on my kids doing their homework. A gourmet dinner was ready in an hour.
Yesterday, my family and I went apple picking and you know you will be seeing some apple recipes on here. Stay tuned!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ pound smoked turkey sausage, sliced ½-inch thick
- 1 package McCormick® Gourmet Smoked Sausage & Pepper Creole Jambalaya
- 2¼ cups water
- 1 can (14½ ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup long grain rice
- ½ pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or slightly softened. Add chicken and sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in Seasoning Mix, water, tomatoes and rice. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook 5 minutes longer or just until shrimp turn pink and rice is tender.