Mini Mexican Frittatas are loaded with eggs, cheese and veggies and make the perfect healthy egg breakfast. Once you try this baked healthy frittata recipe, you'll make them once a week!
What makes this egg frittata recipe healthy?
We love eating eggs for breakfast and this healthy frittata recipe is one of our favorites.
2% milk cheese and the extra veggies lighten this recipe up and make it super healthy. I also used 6 whole eggs and 6 egg whites instead of 12 eggs. The fat content is lowered by using fewer yolks, but you still get the deep yellow color and richness rather than using all egg whites. The Incredible Egg is so good and good for you and it makes making healthy egg breakfasts so easy!
This mini frittata recipe uses frozen peppers and corn which include vitamins and fiber. I like using the frozen peppers because they so tender, almost like they are partially cooked. I also defrost them along with the corn to make sure the frittatas are not watery. If you want to use fresh peppers, go ahead. Chop them really fine though as they may be a little more crunchy than the frozen kind.
What should you serve with these Mini Frittatas?
I have one word of advice. Serve these Skinny Mini Mexican Frittatas with a small spoon of sour cream and some salsa on the side. Just a bit of sour cream will really made these frittatas have a rich taste.
This mini frittata recipe uses frozen peppers and corn. I like using the frozen peppers because they seem almost like they are partially cooked. I also defrost them along with the corn to make sure the frittatas are not watery. If you want to use fresh peppers, go ahead. Chop them really fine though as they may be a little more crunchy than the frozen kind.
Storing and Reheating these Mexican Frittatas
This recipe makes a dozen mini frittatas and they are perfect to make oin advance. You can keep them in the fridge for a few days. Make sure they are well wrapped or in an air tight plastic container. Heat up your egg puffs in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds when you are ready to eat them and your breakfast is ready like that.
Healthy Egg Breakfasts
- Roasted Asparagus with Eggs
- Spinach Mushroom Frittata with Goat Cheese
- Scrambled Eggs and Avocado from FoodFanatic
There are no excuses for not eating a healthy breakfast in the morning!
If you like this baked frittata recipe, please leave a 5-star rating.
Healthy Mini Mexican Frittatas
- Cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup frozen sweet peppers defrosted (or fresh chopped fine)
- ¾ cup frozen corn defrosted (canned is fine also)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce more/ less depending on how much you like
- ½ cup shredded 2% milk Mexican cheese cheddar can be substituted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- sour cream and salsa for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a non stick muffin tin with cooking spray. Make sure every inch of the cups are coated.
- In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites. Mix in salt, onion powder, hot sauce, peppers, corn and cheese.
- Divide egg mixture amongst the 12 cups. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until eggs are puffy and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for five to 10 minutes. Run a plastic knife around each cup to loosen eggs. Carefully remove with a plastic spatula.
- Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.
- Store leftovers wrapped in the fridge. Frittatas can be reheated in microwave for 30 to 60 seconds.
First Published August 2019 ; Updated July 2021