CONTEST CLOSED. CONGRATS TO LAURA ANDERSON!
Years ago, my husband and I had a really bad Valentines dinner experience. My daughter was a toddler at the time and having a babysitter was an occasional treat. We made our dinner reservations at 8pm thinking we could get to the restaurant early and have a drink at the bar. We arrived at the restaurant and sat at the bar much longer than expected. We were seated for dinner hours later and it was 10:30 when our main course still hadn’t been served. We finally had our meals packed up so we could be home to our babysitter by 11pm. After that experience, I vowed never to eat dinner out on Valentine’s Day again. To this day, I have stuck by my vow.
Since Valentine’s Day is on a Tuesday this year, I figure we will have an early family dinner with the kids. I will make some light appetizers and have some wine with the hubby later. Recently Wasa sent me a bunch of their product to try and I knew exactly what to make. Their thin and crispy flat breads are the perfect vehicle to serve a pâté on. Since we are not big liver fans, I am going with a mushroom pâté flavored with a little Blue cheese. Wasa’s Rosemary Flat Bread is the perfect pairing with mushrooms. When I make sauteed mushrooms, I always add herbs and Rosemary is one of my favorites. This pâté with Rosemary flat bread is addicting! It is also the perfect snack or appetizer with a light crisp wine.
The wonderful people at WASA are offering one of my readers a delicious giveaway. So you can try a variety of these crispbreads too. One winner will get the following :
- A Cooking with Crispbread cookbook
- A sample of Wasa Products
- A Wasa pen and booklet
- A Wasa drawstring bag
How can you win? Just leave a comment on what your Valentine’s Day plans are. Here are six more ways you can get enter:
Like Wasa on Facebook (leave a comment saying you did)
Like Wasa on Twitter (leave a comment saying you did)
Like Jersey Girl Cooks on Facebook (leave a comment saying you did )
Like Jersey Girl Cooks on Twitter (leave a comment saying you did)
Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks via email or RSS feed (leave a comment saying you do)
Contest ends Wed, February 15th at 11:59EST. Winner will be chosen by random.org and will be announced on Thurs, February 16th.
Good luck everyone! Sorry, but you can only enter if you have a US mailing address.
If you want some more healthy recipes and appetizing ideas, go to the Wasa site by clicking HERE. Some of my blogger friends also love WASA crispbreads just as much as I do. Check out their recipes too……..
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 16 ounces white mushrooms, cleaned and chopped
- 3 TBS white wine
- 3 TBS buttermilk
- 3 TBS crumbled Blue cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh or dried parsley for garnish
- 1 box Wasa thin and crispy Rosemary flat bread
- In a large skillet, heat the oil on medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the wine it is evaporated, about 5 more minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a food processor. Process with the buttermilk and cheese until well combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a small bowl, cover and refrigerate for a few hours. Garnish with fresh or dried parsley. This is best served at room temperature with Wasa Rosemary flat bread.
***Disclosure: Wasa provided the gift pack to the winner. All opinions are my own.