What are zoodles may you ask? It's the new fresh food trend. Zucchini gets spiralized so they look like thin noodles. My husband doesn't like the word zoodles or zucchini noodles. He insists that they are not noodles and you should not call them that. I think otherwise and love the fact that noodles can be made out of a vegetable. Instead of using my calories for pasta, I am using low calorie zucchini. Then I can add prosciutto and heavy cream to this dish without feeling too guilty.
I prefer to use a spiralizer. I have a small one that was only $15 and doesn't take up much space. You can also use a food processor or mandolin to make zucchini noodles.
To make the dish saucy, I am using two Saucy Mama products. I love all their sauces, mustards, dressings and marinades and I have some exciting news. I was chosen to be one of 25 bloggers to compete in their 2015 recipe contest. The winner gets a golden ticket to compete in the 2015 World Food Championships which takes place in Kissimmee, Florida. With that comes a $1000 travel stipend as well as $500 to spend in cash. You bet I want to go and represent Saucy Mama in Kissimmee! I met them last year at the Food Fight Write conference in Vegas and they are the nicest people that make awesome products. I hope this recipe gets me the golden ticket.
Check out my collection of Saucy Mama products! It's just hard to pick a favorite.
After trying many of the products, I decided to match up some Parmesan Garlic Marinade with Creamy Horseradish for my shrimp and zucchini noodles. The horseradish gave the shrimp just the right bite. I added some heavy cream and this shrimp and zucchini tasted heavenly. The crispy prosciutto made the texture just right. I didn't forget to add some fresh parsley for color. The category I am entering is the fresh recipe one. What could be fresher than shrimp and zucchini?
Now you can get saucy and win some Saucy Mama products. Just leave a comment by Thursday, May 28th (11:59 ETA) and one winner will be randomly chosen to get three products of their choice shipped to them. The winner will be announced on Friday, May 29th on my Facebook page.
Good luck everyone! Are you hungry yet?
Saucy Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles & Crispy Prosciutto
- ½ cup Saucy Mama Parmesan Garlic Marinade
- 1 Tablespoon Saucy Mama Creamy Horseradish
- the juice of one medium sized lemon
- 1 pound large shrimp cleaned, deveined and tails removed
- 4 medium sized zucchini
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces Prosciutto chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped parsley plus extra for garnish
- Mix the parmesan marinade, horseradish and lemon juice into a bowl and add shrimp. Combine well, cover and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into noodles using a spiralizer, mandolin or food processor. Set aside in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil on medium heat in a very large saute pan and add prosciutto. Cook for about 5 to 7 minutes while stirring so prosciutto bits get crispy. With a slotted spoon, put prosciutto on a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Add shrimp along with the marinade to pan. Cook for a few minutes or until shrimp are cooked through and pink. Remove with slotted spoon leaving the sauce in the pan.
- Add heavy cream to the pan and reduce heat to low. Cook sauce until it starts to bubble. Stir in the zucchini noodles and parsley. Cook for about 2 minutes, tossing gently. Stir in the prosciutto bits reserving a little to garnish the top. Top with cooked shrimp.
- Garnish with more fresh chopped parsley and the remaining prosciutto bits before serving.