This Easy Pimento Cheese Recipe can be put together in 10 minutes. It's perfect as a dip for your next party or to spread on sandwiches, burgers or baked potatoes!
Recently, my family ate at Myron Mixon's Pitmaster BBQ restaurant. My husband and son can't get enough BBQ and since we were in Alexandria, they wanted to try the champion pitmaster's brisket and ribs.
The food was great and while the boys love the smoked meats, I am all about appetizers and sides. We ordered some pimento cheese spread with crackers.
It was so good that I thought I should recreate an easy pimento cheese recipe at home.
What is Pimento Cheese?
Pimento Cheese is a popular spread in the south. It typically consists of cheese, mayonaise and pimento peppers.
The pimento cheese I made contained sharp cheddar, smoked Gouda and cream cheese. The combination was perfect and the smoked Gouda gave it the perfect balance of smokiness.
The other additions of pimentos and spices gives the cheese spread the perfect bite. A little mayonnaise binds everything together.
I prefer to mix everything with my Kitchen Aid stand mixer so it's extra creamy. It's also perfectly fine to mix this easy pimento cheese recipe by hand if you like it a little chunky.
If you need a last minute party appetizer, this pimento cheese is a perfect appetizer to serve with crackers or toasted bread. I also love it spread on sandwiches, burgers and stuffed in baked potatoes.
It is also good eaten with a spoon when my family is not looking. This recipe makes a big batch so I can do that. And I still have plenty extra for potatoes, sandwiches and burgers.
If you need a new years eve appetizer, make this tonight and I promise you everyone will be happy. It's also football playoff season and all the college bowl games are on. So don't forget to make some for them. Trust me, this easy pimento cheese recipe will be one of your favorites!
Need some other last minute appetizer recipes?
Easy Pimento Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 8 ounces pimentos chopped roasted red peppers can be substituted
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley (optional)
- Put all ingredients in a big bowl (except cayenne pepper). Mix with a spoon or with an electric mixer until smooth or until you get the consistency you like. Add a dash of cayenne pepper to taste. refrigerate for 15 minutes before serving or up to 24 hours before serving. Sprinkle with dried parsley, if desired.
Happy new year everyone! Stay safe and see you in 2019!