Farmers Market Tomato Salad
Heirloom tomatoes, sweet corn, fresh mozzarella cheese, avocado and basil are tied together with a balsamic vinaigrette to make a super delicious salad.
- 2 ears corn husk removed and kernels cut off cob
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 large avocado peeled, pit removed & chopped
- 8 ounces mozzarella balls cut in half
- 3 tbsp fresh chopped basil plus extra for garnish
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, mix together corn kernels, vinegar and oil. Let sit for 10 minutes to marinate.
In a large bowl, mix together the tomatoes, avocado, mozzarella, and basil. Mix in the marinated corn and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Salad can be made in advance and refrigerated before serving. Extra basil can be added to garnish.