Healthy Mini Mexican Frittatas
These mini frittatas are a perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
- Cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 1 cup frozen sweet peppers defrosted (or fresh chopped fine)
- ¾ cup frozen corn defrosted (canned is fine also)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon hot sauce more/ less depending on how much you like
- ½ cup shredded 2% milk Mexican cheese cheddar can be substituted
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- sour cream and salsa for serving
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a non stick muffin tin with cooking spray. Make sure every inch of the cups are coated.
In a medium size bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites. Mix in salt, onion powder, hot sauce, peppers, corn and cheese.
Divide egg mixture amongst the 12 cups. Sprinkle with parsley.
Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until eggs are puffy and a toothpick comes out clean.
Let cool for five to 10 minutes. Run a plastic knife around each cup to loosen eggs. Carefully remove with a plastic spatula.
Serve with sour cream and salsa on the side.
Store leftovers wrapped in the fridge. Frittatas can be reheated in microwave for 30 to 60 seconds.
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 517IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1mg