Spaghetti with Turkey Bolognese
- 1 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1 ¼ lb ground lean turkey
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- handful fresh chopped parsley
- handful fresh chopped basil
- 1 TBS dried Italian seasoning
- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine or substitute chicken broth
- 1 TBS sugar
- salt and red pepper to taste
- grated Parmesan for serving
Cook spaghetti in a large pot of salted water according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
In a Dutch oven, heat olive oil to medium and brown the ground turkey. Drain after it is fully cooked.
Add garlic, parsley, basil, and seasoning and cook for a minute or two. Add tomatoes and sugar.
Cover pot and simmer on low for 25 minutes or until sauce is thickened while stirring occasionally.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Toss spaghetti with sauce and serve with grated cheese.
Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 52mg | Sodium: 230mg | Potassium: 858mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 322IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 6mg