These Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings were cooked in my Power Air Fryer Oven. I was given a complimentary appliance by TriStar to try Power Air Fryer recipes but all opinions are my own.
This lucky Jersey Girl has another appliance to test in my kitchen. I am loving it and one of the main reasons is that my husband and teenage son love it too. They have been making batches and batches of chicken wings.
photo courtesy of Power Air Fryer
Why use a Power Air fryer Oven?
There are many reasons to like the Power Air Fryer Oven. The oven is versatile, simple and many recipes can be prepared quicker than with a traditional cooking method. It works as an air fryer, rotisserie oven and dehydrator. I have not used it as a dehydrator yet but plan to try that soon. The simple design and pre-set cooking functions are perfect to have my teenager do some cooking. This appliance fits perfectly on my countertop even though I was concerned about space before I received it.
Sunday is for football and food at our house. Since the Power Air Fryer Oven arrived, my son has taken the initiative to make his own wings. He cooks the chicken wings while I make the finishing sauce. The wings are coated with seasoned salt and flour before they are cooked. My son places them in the oven and most of the work is completed.
They come out of the Power Air Fryer Oven and are tossed in a combination of melted butter, hot sauce and maple syrup. It's the sweet and spicy combination that we love. Our favorite sauce is this one, however, the wings can be tossed in whatever sauce you like. I also serve the Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings with blue cheese dressing. This is a perfect recipe on any game day. In fact, my family loves chicken wings so much, that I created a Buffalo Chicken Flatbread with Bacon that is like Buffalo wings on a pizza. Mmmmm, so good!
What else can you cook in the Power Air Fryer Oven?
I plan to use the Power Air Fryer Oven to make more chicken wings but also many other recipes. I think I might need to try my Baked Buffalo Cauliflower in my air fryer next. I have made many vegetables like asparagus and eggplant in this air fryer instead of using my oven. They are super healthy and GOOD! Feel free to give me some suggestions. What is your favorite way to use an air fryer? More Power Air Fryer recipes to come!!
More Game Day Recipes:
Air Fryer Chips (Weight Watchers recipe) via Midlife Healthy Living
More Air Fryer Recipes :
Crispy Air Fried Tofu via Souffle Bombay
Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan via Happy Veggie Kitchen
Air Fryer Burger via Sunday Supper Movement
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- air fryer
- 3 lbs Chicken Wings, tips removed, flats & drummettes separated
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Remove tips from wings and separate flats and drummettes. In a medium sized bowl, mix together the salt and the flour. Toss the wings in the flour mixture so they are lightly coated.
- Spray the racks or basket liberally with cooking spray. Place the wings into the Fry Basket or fryer racks and into the air fryer. Cook at 375 degrees for 25 minutes , turning half way through cooking. After 25 minutes adjust heat to 400 degrees and cook for about 5 more minutes or until the wings are as crispy as you like them.
- While the wings are cooking, mix together the hot sauce, maple syrup and melted butter.
- Remove the wings from the oven when they are crispy and cooked through. Toss with the sauce. Serve with blue cheese dressing if desired.