Whipped Feta Cheese Dip is a creamy and flavorful alternative to high-calorie finger food dips. Serve it with veggies and/ or tortilla chips for a gluten free appetizer. Red pepper feta dip is also a great spread to put on burgers, sandwiches and bread.
The other day, I went holiday grocery shopping for appetizers. I realized there were massive amounts of cheese in my refrigerator and at last count, it was over five pounds. While I love cheese, it tends to go to my hips along with the other decadent holiday food. This could definitely be a problem.
So I needed a solution to my cheese dilemma. Well first, I can make sure I work out more and eat a healthy omelet for breakfast. Secondly, I need a cheese appetizer that is easier on my hips than my Easy Pimento Cheese Recipe. I decided to make this lighter whipped feta cheese dip and eat it in moderation with plenty of veggies.
This is a great lighter appetizer for a holiday party or game watching. I am not sure if it will make me lose weight but it sure tastes good and anything with feta in it is great in my book.
Ingredients Needed For Whipped Feta Dip
- Feta Cheese – Look for light crumbled feta cheese.
- Sour Cream – I also go for the light sour cream to save on calories and fat.
- Roasted Red Peppers – You can find jars of roasted red peppers with the pickles and olives in the grocery store.
- Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice has a bright flavor.
- Garlic Powder – You can use homemade roasted garlic.
- Dill – Dried dill adds a nice herby flavor to the dip.
Whipped Feta Recipe Tips
This recipe is so simple to make and really only has to be mixed together. You can whip it together in a blender or food processor and it will come out super creamy. If you don't have one and don't mind a more chunky texture, you can easily mix it up in a bowl. You can always make your own roasted red peppers but jarred ones are fine in my book.
Just make sure to let the feta cheese dip sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour to have the flavors blended together. Actually the longer it sits in the fridge, the better! It is a great appetizer to make the night before and take to a party the next day.
Red Pepper Feta Dip Serving Suggestions
My favorite thing about this dip is that it is so versatile. It can easily go from lunch, to dinner to party appetizer. Here are some of my favorite ways to serve whipped feta dip.
- Veggies – Cherry tomatoes, carrot sticks, broccoli, cucumber slices and more are all incredibly yummy when dipped into this creamy feta cheese dip.
- Chips – Veggie chips, potato chips, pita chips, tortilla chips--really any kind of chip will do!
- Toast – Smear feta cheese dip onto toasted bread and top with thin slices of cucumber. You can also top it with figs and a drizzle of honey.
- Sandwich Spread – Slather your bread with a thin layer of red pepper feta dip before building a sandwich with your favorite meats and veggies.
More Feta Cheese Appetizer Recipes
- Strawberry Basil Feta Skewers
- Greek Shrimp Skewers
- Watermelon Feta Appetizer
- Spinach and Feta Pinwheels from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
If you like this Red Pepper Feta Dip, please leave a 5-star rating.
Feta Cheese Dip with Red Peppers
- ½ cup light crumbled feta cheese
- ¾ cup light sour cream
- ¼ cup roasted red peppers chopped
- juice from half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Whip all incredinets up in a blender or food processor until creamy. For a chunkier texture, mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to blend flavors.
- Serve with pita chips or veggies.
First Published December 2019 ; Updated November 2021
Thanks for stopping by! Subscribe to Jersey Girl Cooks if you would like more recipes and cooking tips sent to your email. You can also order my Super Easy Cookbook for Beginners and follow me on social media - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.