Whole Roaster Chicken In The Slow Cooker
Author: Jersey Girl Cooks
Recipe type: chicken
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 large roasting chicken ( 5 to 7 lbs)
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, peels and cut into 1 inch pieces
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, chili powder, and parsley.
- Remove giblets and insides of chicken. Rinse and dry with paper towels. Rub seasonings all over the chicken pushing some under the skin.
- Put the cut up carrots and onions on the bottom of the slow cooker. Place the chicken (breast side up on top) of the vegetables and tuck wings and legs in.
- Cook chicken for 6 to 8 hours on high. Remove when the internal temperature of the cooked chicken is 165 degrees.
- Slice chicken and put under a broiler oven for a few minutes if you would like the skin crispy.
Recipe by Jersey Girl Cooks at http://www.jerseygirlcooks.com/2014/03/whole-roaster-chicken-in-the-slow-cooker.html