Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts
Author: adapted from King Arthur Flour
Recipe type: doughnuts
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1½ cups pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1¾ cups + 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- powdered sugar, frosting or anything you'd like to top the donuts with
- ) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two standard doughnut pans. If you don't have doughnut pans, you can bake these in a standard muffin tin; they just won't be doughnuts.
- ) Beat together the oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt, and baking powder until smooth.
- ) Add the flour and stir until mixture is smooth.
- ) Fill the doughnut pans about ¾ full; using about a ¼ cup of batter in each well. If you're making muffins, fill each well about ¾ full; the recipe makes about 15, so you'll need to bake two batches
- ) Bake the doughnuts for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick put in the center of one comes out clean. Muffins need to bake for 23 to 25 minutes.
- ) Remove the doughnuts from the oven, and after about 5 minutes, loosen their edges, and transfer them to a rack to cool.
- ) While the doughnuts are still warm , gently dip them in sugar, frosting or whatever you'd like.
- ) Cool completely, and wrap. These can be stored at room temperature for several days.
Recipe by Jersey Girl Cooks at http://www.jerseygirlcooks.com/2012/10/pumpkin-cake-doughnuts.html