This past week, the Sunday Supper tastemakers showcased citrus recipes. It couldn’t have been a better choice because I love citrus. While all the recipes were awesome, today I am showcasing some of my favorite ones that I will be making soon. (Click on the photos and the link will take you right to the recipe.)
For breakfast this week, I must make these two recipes.
I have been wanting to try overnight oats and these Creamy Vanilla- Orange Overnight Oats look absolutely wonderful. You can’t even imagine how many creamsicle pops I ate as a kid. I really want to incorporate more oatmeal into my diet and this is how I can do it.
I also will be making some Pineapple Orange Smoothies. Just the thought of this beautiful drink will get me going in the morning. I always have an abundant supply of oranges, Greek yogurt and frozen pineapple so this is easy enough to do. It is also a great way to have a healthy breakfast.
Speaking of beverages, how about this Homemade Grapefruit Soda? I’ll admit I have never been a big soda drinker. But as a kid, I loved Fresca. Now I can make a much healthier version at home. This looks like such a refreshing drink and I might even add a little vodka or tequila to it come next Saturday night.
I have been trying to eat lighter lately. Summer is coming and I know eventually I’ll have to get into a bathing suit. So I love making dinners that are good- for- you but high in flavor. Citrus Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa fit the bill. How yummy does this look? It’s on my dinner menu next week.
Key lime pie is one of my favorite desserts. The traditional version is loaded with calories and sugar. I was happy to find out I can now make this lightened Key Lime Chiffon Pie. Who wouldn’t like a lower calorie version of key lime pie? I saw some key limes in my local produce market the other day and now I know what to do with them.
Of course, sometimes you have to splurge too. That’s what Meyer lemon Crème Brulee is for. I love to order Crème Brulee in a restaurant because it’s a really special treat. But now I will try making my own and kicking it up a notch with Meyer lemons. I can say that next time I’m having a special dinner party, I will have really happy guests.
I saved this stunning cake for last. Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake includes some of my favorite ingredients! While some people eat an apple a day, I eat a clementine everyday…..well maybe two or three. The colors are just beautiful and it really isn’t that complicated to make!
Next Sunday the tastemakers will be sharing Fresh Tomato recipes. In the meantime, take a look at the full list of citrus recipes. As far as I’m concerned you can never have enough citrus!
Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes That Will Make You Smile
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.