Happy new year everyone!
I am starting off the new year with something sweet because everyone needs a little chocolate in their life. I have been enjoying my jars of new Hershey’s spreads and trying them with all kinds of things. I don’t think my family minds doing all this tasting either. Lets’ see what we have been snacking on.
Mmmnn, chocolate spread with salt and pepper pretzel thins. The salt and pepper along with the chocolate elevated the pretzels like you wouldn’t believe. I think I may be addicted to this snack. Salt, pepper and chocolate go really well together.How about whipping up some cream with chocolate almond spread and then mixing this in your morning coffee? I also like eating it by the spoonful. Oh my gawd, it was good! It makes me want to get up extra early every morning so I can get to my coffee.
Some chocolate spread warmed in the microwave and drizzled on spicy nuts is good. I mean really, really good!
I loved potato chips dipped in the chocolate spread. Again, I was a big fan of sweet and salty. The crunchy chips with the smooth chocolate is one winning combination.
But my families absolute favorite was these Chocolate Hazelnut Pillows. They are the perfect breakfast treat and so easy to make. They require five ingredients which are crescent rolls, ricotta cheese, Hershey’s hazelnut chocolate spread, powdered sugar and an egg. So good especially when eaten warm!Please make these for breakfast! I will have another Hershey’s spread recipe this month and a giveaway where you can win your own Hersey’s spreads package. Stay tuned for more chocolate spreads.
- 3 TBS Hershey’s Hazelnut Chocolate Spread
- 3 TBS ricotta cheese
- 1 can (8 ounce) crescent roll dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix together chocolate spread and ricotta cheese in a small bowl.
- Lay crescent dough triangles flat and spread with chocolate ricotta mixture. Tuck the short sides of the triangle in and roll the dough. Place on baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Using a pastry brush, brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.