The mad school rush started a few weeks ago and my family is busy as usual. With everything going on I am still trying to get a nice dinner on the table in between chauffeuring my kids around.
McCormick Gourmet Recipe Mixes were calling my name!
McCormick Gourmet has a new line of spice mixes out that make preparing dinner as easy as ever. As a matter of fact I’ll tell you a little secret. I was helping a friend out so I brought dinner over for her family. She raved and thanked me for the chicken recipe I made. Little did she know, I used one of these spice packets, minimal ingredients and the whole dinner took me less than 30 minutes to cook.
With all these mixes, the dinner instructions are on the back of the packet. Being the rebellious cook I am, I switched a few ingredients around from the packet instructions. Actually, I was out of white wine so I used a little balsamic vinegar in my recipe because I think balsamic vinegar makes everything good. The extra acidity elevated the chicken and mushrooms.
Yes, we are talking gourmet here. Here are the different spice mix flavors that McCormick makes:
- Bourbon Spiced Pork with Sweet Potatoes & Apples
- Herbes de Provence Roasted Chicken & Potatoes
- Creamy Parmesan & Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Penne
- Sweet Basil & Oregano Bruschetta Chicken
- Garlic & White Wine Chicken Scaloppine
- Smoked Sausage & Pepper Creole Jambalaya
Now McCormick is going to give one of my readers an Elevating Everyday Meals Kit which includes samples of their Gourmet Recipe Mixes, a Redbox Movie Gift card, a family game and some fun kitchen supplies.
All you have to do is leave a comment on what your favorite family meal is. Here are some ways to get three additional entries:
- Like my Facebook page by clicking Here. Please leave a comment saying you liked the page or are a fan already.
- Become a Twitter follower by clicking HERE and leave a comment saying you follow my page on Twitter.
- Subscribe by RSS feed or email to Jersey Girl Cooks and leave a comment saying you are a subscriber.
This contest ends on Wednesday, September 26th at 11:59 EST. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be announced on Thursday, September 27th. Sorry, but the prize can only be shipped to a US address. Please leave an email address if you do not have a link to a blog so I can contact you. Good luck everyone!
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 package McCormick® Gourmet Garlic & White Wine Chicken Scaloppine Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 pound thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup water
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- a handful of fresh chopped parsley
- 12 ounces cooked egg noodles
- Mix flour and 2 tablespoons of the seasoning mix in shallow dish. Coat chicken with flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Cook ½ of the chicken pieces 3 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove from skillet. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Stir mushrooms into skillet, adding additional oil if needed. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add broth, water, vinegar and remaining seasoning mix. Bring to boil, stirring to release browned bits in bottom of skillet.
- Put chicken back into the pan and distribute sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve over the cooked egg noodles.
**For full disclosure, McCormick provided me with free product and the giveaway package for myself and a reader. All opinions expressed are my own.