You know I love quick and easy meals. It’s not that I don’t want to be in the kitchen longer but sometimes I just don’t have the time. I am the crazy lady that cooks on vacations. For me, it’s relaxing to cook a big dinner while at a beach house. I love cooking on vacation because I can spend more time in the kitchen then I can during my daily life. And it really is fun to cook with a cocktail in your hand. But for those times, when cooking can be a hectic chore, I have the cookbook for you.
Whether you don’t have the time or really don’t love to be in the kitchen, this cookbook has plenty of 30- minute meal recipes. What’s For Supper is a gorgeous paperback cookbook by the test kitchens of Southern Living. Why order out or go through the drive- thru when you can make healthier dishes and save money in the same amount of time? This book is also filled with slow cooker recipes, no-cook suppers, recipes for when you’re cooking for two and meals that even picky eaters will love.
The good news is that one of my readers will win a free copy of this cookbook. All you have to do is leave a comment telling me you’d like to win. Please leave your email address if your comment is not attached to a profile or blog. There are three additional ways to get extra entries. They are:
- Like my Facebook page by clicking Here. Please leave a comment saying you liked the page or are a fan already.
- Become a Twitter follower by clicking HERE and leave a comment saying you follow my page on Twitter.
- Subscribe by RSS feed or email to Jersey Girl Cooks and leave a comment saying you are a subscriber.
This contest ends on Thursday, July 5th. The winner will be chosen by random.org and will be announced on Friday, July 6th. Sorry, but the prize can only be shipped to a US address. Good luck everyone!
I went through this book and decided on making the White Bean and Tuna Salad. It is a perfect summer meal that can be eaten for lunch or dinner. It is also healthy which is always a plus for me. I am excited to try more recipes. The thermometer is supposed to go up to 100 degrees this week. Lucky for me, there is also a No- Cook Suppers chapter which I took the salad from. I think I hear Pepper Gazpacho and Mango -Chicken Pita Sandwich calling my name too!
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 (20 oz) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6.5 oz) can solid white tuna
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- lettuce leaves
- Stir together the first five ingredients. Add beans and next two ingredients, tossing gently to coat. Sprinkle with parsley and serve the salad over lettuce.
***For full disclosure, I was provided a free copy of this cookbook. As usual, all opinions are my own.