I am embarrassed to say that last year’s foodie resolutions got away from me and were never fully completed. Since it’s a new year, I am making new resolutions and asking for my readers’ forgiveness. As a token of my appreciation, I am giving away a cookbook, Martha Stewart’s Cooking School. This is perfect for the home cook especially if you might want to learn some new cooking techniques in the new year. It is a beautiful book with basic and advanced techniques as well as beautiful pictures. To win a copy of this cookbook, all you have to do is leave a comment by Monday 1/10 11:59 pm EST. To gain an extra entry, you can CLICK HERE to become one of my Facebook followers and leave a comment saying you did so. I will pick a random winner that will be announced on Tuesday 1/11. If you do not have a blog or website attached to your comment, please make sure you also leave your email address. Sorry, but the prize can only be shipped to a US address. Good luck!
Now for my foodie resolutions. Some are from last year and some are brand new. But her goes……..
1. Make homemade cheese. I am going to check out some of the kits they have online. I attempted to make some on my own last year and it turned out a bit rubbery.
2. To improve on my food photography skills. I think this might include taking a class or reading a book or two. I also hope to get some pictures published on the food porn sites.
3. I have been dying to make summer rolls and egg rolls. Can you believe I’ve never made these before?
4. To improve on my cupcake decorating skills. My hubby bought me a decorating kit for Christmas and I will be using it.
5. Homemade pasta, homemade pasta! This was on my list from last year and I completely forgot to do it. I will also try spaetzle.
6. I will be making a big pan of Paella. Another last year miss!
7. Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day. I know this is lame but I needed to write this down. I am a terrible water drinker but it really is good for your skin, digestive system and muscles.
Happy New Year! May all you foodie dreams come true! Would you like to share your resolutions too?