The weather has gotten a little colder and I have been craving soups, stews and chilis. Today I have the simplest crock pot meal for you. I love making pot roast in the fall and winter. This is one of the easiest meals to make. You might have most of the ingredients in your house:
- a 2 to 3 lb bottom round roast
- 1 TBS canola oil
- 1- 12 oz bottle of beer
- a few tablespoons of your favorite steak seasoning (I used Penzey’s Chicago Steak Seasoning)
- a bag of already peeled baby carrots
- 2 large onions, peeled and cut in quarters
- 12 ounces of button mushrooms, trimmed and washed
- 4 stalks of celery, trimmed and cut in thirds
Season the roast with a TBS of the seasoning. Sear the roast in a large pan with the oil until brown. Remove roast and put in the crock pot. Add the beer and another TBS or two of seasoning to the pan and bring to a simmer.
Add all the veggies to the crockpot. Pour the seasoned beer over everything and most of your work is done. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 4 to 6 hours.
Now you have this beautiful meal with an au jus gravy. It can be served with mashed potatoes or cooked noodles. You can always thicken the gravy with a little corn starch if you would like a thicker gravy. Now go eat!
Don’t forget to enter the Cheerios gift pack giveaway which includes a $25 gift card to Barnes and Noble. Today is the last day to enter. Have a great weekend!