I hope everyone has a healthy and happy new year with lots of good things to eat! Yesterday I contemplated on revisiting some of my old recipes and doing a post on my 2009 favorites but I decided to go full speed into the new year ahead. Instead, I am doing some foodie resolutions that I have made for myself. Some are simple and some take up a bit more time but I hope to get to them all. How about you? Is there any foodie resolutions you would like to share?
1. Make my own cheese and yogurt. I have always wanted to do fresh mozzarella and ricotta but have not got around to purchasing the kit. This will be the year. I have heard it is quite easy to make yogurt.
2. I love my old fashioned pasta maker but never get around to using it. It’s been a while but that baby is coming out of the closet soon!
3. I saw a few recipes for spaetzle and would love to try it. It does not seem too complicated.
4. I love Mexican but always seem to make it very simple. This year, I’d like to experiment with some of the dried peppers and make some complicated sauces. Maybe I’ll even try some homemade Mole sauce.
5. I love Paella but have never cooked it before. I have a great pot to use and will try it soon.
6. I love entering recipe contests but was caught up in other activities this year and the contesting entries fell through the cracks. I plan to enter more and hopefully get to a cook off or two.
7. Healthy eating! Of course, I had to put this one in there but I’d like to continue to experiment and acquire more healthy recipes with the freshest ingredients possible.
May all your dreams come true in 2010!