My neighborhood will scream for Ice Cream!

by jerseygirl on September 13, 2008 · 33 comments

Yes, I won some ice cream for the whole neighborhood! Next year you can win some too! Edy’s and Dryer’s have a yearly contest where all you have to do is write a small essay on why your neighborhood should win an ice cream party. Click here for more information.

Unfortunately the rain put a damper on things. We were supposed to have the party last night but now it will be next weekend. My deep freezer is about to explode with ice cream flavors. After I try all twelve, I’ll give you a review. Sound good?

I really could have used some ice cream after the terrible loss by Rutgers. Hopefully the tailgate food will get us through this season because with the way the team looked, it may be a long one. But I’m not about to give up, yet.

Now, for some more good news, I received a Yummy Blog Award from Beth at Jam and Clotted Cream. She runs a great blog and teaches me about food and recipes from the UK. Thank you, Beth! I will be passing on the award to :

The Sisters Dish

Check out these beautiful blogs that all have great recipes!
Lastly, take a look at my post on Jersey Bites for a watermelon recipe. Have a great weekend!

Mary Ann September 13, 2008 at 4:56 pm

I am so jealous about all the ice cream! I see that Berry Granola Crunch in there. Yummy and your gameday chili looks wonderful!

Mari September 13, 2008 at 5:08 pm

How exciting to win all that ice cream! Congratulations on the award too. I’m off to check the ones you mentioned.

That Girl September 13, 2008 at 5:24 pm

I bet you win the best neighbor award this year.

Stacey Snacks September 13, 2008 at 5:37 pm

Hi Lisa.
I love that you won the ice cream neighborhood contest and that nice blog award.
I will be blogging your quiche when we get back from France.
It was so yummy.
I will give you the quiche award!
Stace

Amber September 13, 2008 at 6:11 pm

Aaaahhhhh. I am squealing and it is just me, Sophia (the dog) and my new friend the bird that Devil Cat almost ate and they have no idea why I am so excited. This is my first. Love you love you love you (I am singing that). Thanks from my heart and my tummy! And about the ice cream, if you were closer I would be at your house, because I see that there are 3 containers that are chocolate. Congratulations on the win but especially the award, which you deserve. Thank you, it made my day!

Candy September 13, 2008 at 6:48 pm

Nice! I won that two years ago and we ate it all!

1215656559s20768 September 13, 2008 at 7:14 pm

Thanks for the award! Yay for me! And yay for you with all the ice cream. I won that 2 summers ago and forgot to enter this year. Can’t wait to check out the other winner’s blogs!-Lorie

Jan September 13, 2008 at 7:36 pm

Well done on winning the ice cream. The rain is putting a dampner on things here too. Congrats also on your award, you deserve it.

Maria September 13, 2008 at 9:44 pm

I bet you are so popular! What a nice treat for your neighborhood!
Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it along to us. You are so kind. We love reading your blog!!
Great looking watermelon too!!

Prudy September 13, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Oh, you lucky woman! The whole neighborhood is lucky due to you. Congrats on another award, too.

hot garlic September 14, 2008 at 2:56 am

Lisa, I’m so flattered! Thanks so much -and a HUGE congrats on your ice cream haul. Why don’t I have neighbors like you?!

Aggie September 14, 2008 at 8:45 am

I want to come to your ice cream party! That is awesome that you won all of those great flavors…I’m eyeing the Berry Granola Crunch, I’ll have to look for that in the store!

Congrats on your Yummy Blog award! You really do have a Yummy Blog!

Clumbsy Cookie September 14, 2008 at 8:53 am

I so wanna be your neighbour now! Congratulations winning al the ice-cream and have fun at the party!

Mary September 14, 2008 at 10:13 am

Congratulations Lisa. That watermelon looks great, too.

The Blonde Duck September 14, 2008 at 11:28 am

I can’t wait to hear what you think of that granola and berry yogart one. It looks divine. And congrats on your award!

Meghan September 14, 2008 at 12:53 pm

Congrats on the ice cream win.
How fun!

Patsyk September 14, 2008 at 2:26 pm

What a cool contest AND prize!

Katrina September 14, 2008 at 5:42 pm

Lucky! (Did you ever see the movie Napoleon Dynamite? That’s how I just said “lucky”)

That Berry Granola Crunch ones DOES look good-have never seen it in stores.

Reeni September 14, 2008 at 7:37 pm

How lucky for you and your neighborhood, a great way to kick off the end of summer with! Congrats on the award and I’ve awarded you another one! Please come visit my blog and claim it!

Paula September 14, 2008 at 8:11 pm

Wow, double congratulations to you … the ice cream and the blog award! I live on the west coast, and Edy’s ice cream is called Dryer’s out here. It is a terrific frozen treat.

Tanya September 15, 2008 at 7:11 am

Now that is cool! Ice cream for the WHOLE neighborhood! So cool! Unfortunately we are surrounded by retired folk (who are wonderful) that wouldn’t even want to share so we’d have to eat it all ourselves!

Adam September 15, 2008 at 10:28 am

Wow, that’s a lot of ice cream. Lucky, lucky you! I’ll look forward to the review for sure 🙂

Congrats on the award, and I’m sorry to hear about Rutgers.

With the college FB question you asked awhile back… I pretty much watch any game that’s on tv, especially high profile ones. I went to Buffalo for undergrad, so I try to keep up with them too, and I’m glad they are FINALLY getting better.

Remember when both Rutgers and Buffalo were like bottom one and two?

Pam September 15, 2008 at 10:30 am

I want an ice cream party! I gave you an award – check out my blog to receive it.

Proud Italian Cook September 15, 2008 at 11:44 am

OOOh, that berry granola crunch sounds real good! I’ts healthy right? 😀

Amy September 15, 2008 at 12:23 pm

I LOVE ice cream!! Congrats on winning the ice cream and the blog award!! I love your blog and thanks for passing the award on to us. Our first award:) I can’t wait to try your watermelon sorbet. We have watermelons just in the garden and I am definetly going to use one for this!! Thanks!! Also, chili is my of my go to game day foods and yours looks wonderful!

Veronica September 15, 2008 at 12:42 pm

That’s so awesome, Lisa…what lucky neighbors!

nicole September 15, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Man that is alot of ice cream. Good luck on eating it all.:)

Debbie September 15, 2008 at 3:56 pm

Well Lisa, everything inside of me is screaming for that stuff now too! What a nice treat and so happy you won. I’ll be thinking about you next weekend, enjoy!

Blessings – Debbie

Bridgett September 15, 2008 at 4:03 pm

Congrats on the award. I have always enjoyed your blog, so I think it is well deserved.

Amber September 15, 2008 at 6:56 pm

Hi Lisa, Sorry about the game although I am not a football fan. Give me mens swimming instead. It doesn’t matter who wins, they come out of the pool with water dripping off every inch of their beautiful greek god bodies.
Okay, also…how do I put the award on my blog? Thank you again.
Aaand! I have to say you have the cutest picture, it makes me smile everytime I see it.

Annie September 15, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Wow I wish I was your neighbor 🙂
I can’t wait for the reviews.

RecipeGirl September 16, 2008 at 1:12 am

Looks like you’re in ice cream heaven!! What a fun prize. I’d say my neighbors would love me to death. Enjoy tasting away!

Elle September 16, 2008 at 1:15 pm

Wow, that’s so cool! Congratulations!