Morning Coffee

by jerseygirl on September 15, 2008 · 24 comments

I tried to give up coffee but I just couldn’t. Too much caffeine makes me a little jittery so I drink half decaf and half regular. I love the smell and taste of coffee. I love hearing the sound of the coffee pot. I just love everything about it. Take a look at one of my favorite kitchen tools. It’s for my coffee.

Love, love, love this gadget! If you don’t have one, you need to run to your nearest store and buy the Aerolatte. No need for fancy cappuccino makers or buying a five dollar cup at Starbucks. This piece of kitchen genius brings my morning coffee to a whole new level. It makes foamy milk. The best part is that skim milk works best. I just pour my milk in a cup and add some Splenda. Heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds and use the gadget to turn the milk into luscious foam. I then pour my coffee into the milk, stir and I have a coffeehouse cup of java at home. A sprinkle of cinnamon is always nice. As a special treat, I will sweeten it with a fancy coffee syrup instead of the Splenda.

So, how do you drink your coffee?

Aggie September 15, 2008 at 10:10 pm

I’m going to start drinking my coffee just like that! Wow, that frothy milk sounds so good, I have to go get that gadget! I love my coffee, any time of day although decaf after 12 (it’s sad that I can’t handle caffeine the way I used to!)…

Stop by my blog when you get a chance, there is an award waiting for you!

kat September 15, 2008 at 11:17 pm

I bought one of those for my mom too & she loves it

alexandra's kitchen September 16, 2008 at 12:07 am

I recently tried giving up coffee. I had a headache literally for 3 weeks and as soon as I was cured — when I could make it through the day without a headache and with zero coffee — I started back up again. It’s just too good! And life is too short to worry about little addictions. right?

Kristen September 16, 2008 at 12:27 am

When I drink coffee, it is usually from a coffee shop. I make hot tea a lot from home, but rarely coffee. I love mine super sweet!

That Girl September 16, 2008 at 12:44 am

Caffine affects me like nothing else, so I forgo coffee. I do however love my decaf green tea in the morning!

Kitt September 16, 2008 at 3:15 am

Nice! I make coffee concentrate every couple of weeks (using the cold-drip method) and add it to hot milk. Maybe I should ask for a frother for Christmas.

1215656559s20768 September 16, 2008 at 5:21 am

I hear you! I probably need to give up coffee, too. I drink mine with tons of flavored creamer and splenda. I love the idea of drinking hot tea, but I am a coffee girl, although I do drink hot tea sometimes at night. This gadget looks totally cool. I’m going to put it on my kitchen wish list.

Michele September 16, 2008 at 7:16 am

I used to drink 2 pots of coffee a day. Then we switched over to a single cup coffee maker about a year ago. We went for the Senseo machine. It has been pure coffee love ever since. I’ve even started making my own coffee pods from my favorite coffee, Caribou Daybreak. The great thing is that my two pot a day habit is now down to about 5 cups. These days I drink it with a little splenda and fat free half and half. Our coffee comes out of the machine with a froth on top, but I bet that little gadget would make it even better. Where did you pick it up at?

Tanya September 16, 2008 at 7:37 am

I don’t drink coffee, but my husband does and I love the aroma in the morning…yum.

I have a similar gadget and I love it!

Adam September 16, 2008 at 7:54 am

Whew, that was a close one Lisa. I thought you said you GAVE UP coffee for a minute. Glad you stayed on the dark side 🙂

There’s a bunch of studies out there saying 2 cups a day helps lower a woman’s risk for developing a heart attack. It’s kind of interesting, FYI.

I usually have my coffee black, or just sweetened a bit if it’s really strong or bitter. Foam does look nice though 🙂

Maria September 16, 2008 at 9:18 am

I don’t drink coffee but your gadget looks cool:)

Mary September 16, 2008 at 9:35 am

Intravenously!!!

Allie September 16, 2008 at 10:51 am

I’ve been dying to buy that gadget and always forget to grab one while I’m in the store. My husband thinks I’m nuts and can’t see why I need it but I have to have it!

Clumbsy Cookie September 16, 2008 at 12:29 pm

I have the same exact gadget and I love it! I do my coffee the same way as you. It works great with soy milk as well. I love it!

michelle @ TNS September 16, 2008 at 1:28 pm

i want one of those doodad, too. i drink my coffee with a ton of milk and super-sweet. kind of like dessert, but in a cup.

Mrs. L September 16, 2008 at 2:49 pm

I drink my coffee any way I can get it…usually from a coffee shop cuz I do like milk with my coffee. I keep saying I need to by an espresso machine but maybe this would work instead (and be a lot cheaper!)

Maria September 16, 2008 at 3:03 pm

I bought one of these wonderful gadgets for my dad and I really should get myself one cos these are great!

I have been drinking more tea lately but if I do drink coffee, it has to be decaf!

Maria
x

Pam September 16, 2008 at 4:22 pm

I am so excited about this gadget. We have an expresso maker but sometimes it doesn’t foam as much as I like. I love to sprinkle a little cinnamon/sugar on top of the foam and it creates a yummy crust on top of my coffee.

JennDZ - The Leftover Queen September 16, 2008 at 5:00 pm

I have a different kind of milk frother – it is a shin bistro, but I love it! I use a stovetop Italian Bialetti and life is good! I love my morning (and afternoon) coffee! 🙂

Debbie September 16, 2008 at 6:31 pm

I LOVE coffee and could never give it up! I have to get one of the gadgets that you have. Love cafe mocha’s but it’s a very expensive habit so I gave that up!

Veronica September 16, 2008 at 8:15 pm

I’ve never been a coffee drinker…only tea. But if I did drink coffee I know I would want it with that frothy milk on top!

EAT! September 16, 2008 at 9:31 pm

I am getting one of those thingymabobbers. My morning coffee will never be the same again.

Jan September 17, 2008 at 12:00 am

Being a Brit I’m an avid tea drinker. It’s useless talking to me in a morning until I have had 2 strong cups of hot British tea. I have my favorite tea mailed over from England as it can’t be had here.

I am partial to coffee now and again, and yours looks very nice. I’d have to pass on the cinnamon though.

Stacey Snacks September 17, 2008 at 12:10 pm

I will never give up coffee!
I am going out to buy one of these gadgets TODAY! How could I not know about this?
I drink espresso every a.m., but do it in a drip pot. The steamed milk will make me feel like I am having a cappuccino!
Stacey