Ice Cream and Awards

by jerseygirl on September 30, 2008 · 18 comments

A few weeks ago I had an Edy’s ice cream party at my house. We had 12 flavors to choose from and the kids had a blast. As you can see from the picture, the kiddos are happy. That is my daughter in the Edy’s apron with her friend. But guess what flavor disappeared the quickest?
Take a guess before you peek……….

Yes, it was mint chocolate chip. This is my daughter’s favorite however I didn’t think other kids liked this flavor. Especially since my daughter is not typical but the type of ten year old who eats lobster and sushi rolls. I feel sorry for the first boy that takes her out on a dinner date. But that will be years down the road. According to my husband, it might be another twenty years. I think my daughter rounded up all the other kids into trying the mint chocolate chip.

Of course, the usual chocolate, vanilla and cookie dough were gobbled up. And then the flavors such as peanut butter cup, caramel delight and raspberry chip royale were big winners. But the come from behind favorites were the most surprising. Edy’s yogurt blends were just delicious! Both the berry granola crunch and peach were as creamy as can be. I couldn’t believe I was eating low fat yogurt/ ice cream.

Now that I’ve talked up Edy’s, maybe they will hire me to do a blog for them. I would have to eat the ice cream three times a day and write ice cream recipes. Okay, now I will stop dreaming and get to some awards that my blogging friends have blessed me with.

Aggie from Aggie’s Kitchen and Pam from For the Love of Cooking has given my blog the I Love You this much award. I love their blogs as much! Thanks ladies! I am passing it on to:

Reeni from Cinnamon Spice and Everything Nice has given me the Brillante Weblog award. Her blog makes me so hungry! Thanks Reeni! I am passing this on to:

These are all great blogs so please visit them. A few are non cooking blogs that I love to check frequently.

Also Patsy from Family, Friends and Food gave me the I’m a Chocoholic award and I will be passing that on next week. Thank you so much Patsy!

John and Lisa Howard-Fusco October 1, 2008 at 12:16 am

Aww shucks – thanks for the award, Lisa. By the way, I’m not surprised the mint chocolate chip went first – that’s my favorite flavor! – John

Mandy October 1, 2008 at 2:13 am

Thanks, Lisa! You always leave such nice comments and I was so happy you shared the love! I already put the award up on my blog! 🙂

Clumbsy Cookie October 1, 2008 at 5:31 am

I would looooooooooove to have gone to that party!!! Oh yes, I’m sure it will take at least 20 years before your daughter goes on a date! At least, ahahahah! Congrats on the awards!

Prudy October 1, 2008 at 8:34 am

Lisa: You’re one lucky lady! Ice cream parties, awards, free fish, new T shirt. You’re living a charmed life! That party sounds like so much fun, and in my book there’s nothing better than a double scoop of mint chip and chocolate chip.

Lucy October 1, 2008 at 8:53 am

Ice cream party, what fun 😉 Mint Chocolate Chip is my favorite too!! and…. Congrats on your awards!

Mary October 1, 2008 at 9:09 am

Lisa,

We are mint chocolate chip lovers in this house, so I’m not surprised it went first. Thank you for the award. It is a very nice way to start the day!

Allie October 1, 2008 at 9:16 am

Sounds like a great time! I have to say I’m with your daughter on the mint chocolate chip. What a great way to try all the flavors and hang out with the neighbors!

Maria October 1, 2008 at 9:22 am

I am still jealous about that ice cream party! Mint chocolate chip is a classic! Yeah for all of the awards!

alexandra's kitchen October 1, 2008 at 9:23 am

thank you thank you! you are too nice. Also, I am currently obsessed with mint chocolate chip ice cream. I actually just made a homemade batch of it for the first time ever and it is so good!

Your daughter is precious!

Glamorous Life of a House Wife October 1, 2008 at 9:41 am

FUN! An ice cream party!? You are the best momma around, I bet! Thank you for the award! I am so excited – adding it to my award page right now! Awww, thanks!

Deborah October 1, 2008 at 11:53 am

Thank you for the award Lisa. I am so honored. Oh, and you’re daughter is adorable. We’ll have to set her up with my handsome 11 year old son in another 20 years. I’ll never see grandchildren, but what the heck.

Deb

Aggie October 1, 2008 at 1:18 pm

Congrats on all of your awards Lisa!!

I have been wanting to try that Berry Granola yogurt since I saw it on your blog! Mmmmmm…

Adam October 1, 2008 at 1:21 pm

Thanks very much for the award Lisa! From one hard worker to another, you know it makes our day 🙂

Mint chocolate chip the fastest? Yeah that is a surprise. She has the tastebuds of 20 year old.

Reeni October 1, 2008 at 3:06 pm

Looks like a lot of fun, I would of tried to have a bit of each kind of ice cream!! YUM!

Bridgett October 1, 2008 at 7:10 pm

Congratulations on all of your awards! What fun to enjoy an ice cream party. I used to eat mint chocolate chip like crazy as a kid.

Leslie October 2, 2008 at 10:08 pm

Congrats on your well deserved award! Mint chocolate chip is my FAVORITE ice cream!!!
Thanks for your comment on my Pantry Chicken!

1215656559s20768 October 3, 2008 at 7:39 am

Mint chcolate chip is probably my all time favorite, too.

Your daughter is a cutie!

Janna October 5, 2008 at 9:37 am

You should make the cupcakes currently on my blog with her. They are very easy and great for a mint chocolate chip addict. 🙂