Peach Cobbler Ice Cream

by jerseygirl on August 17, 2008 · 20 comments

Did everyone watch the Olympics last night? Michael Phelps won another gold medal! Watching him has been amazing. So let’s celebrate with some ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for Michael Phelps! (I just couldn’t resist saying that.)

I wanted to try a new flavor. I had a bowl of fresh Jersey peaches from a farm market and the ideas started forming. I didn’t want to make plain peach ice cream. But how about peach cobbler ice cream? The Olympics were on so this also had to be fairly simple. I had just bought some vanilla wafer cookies from Trader Joe’s and thought they would be good as a substitute for the cobbler. These were not ordinary wafers but cookies with real vanilla bean specks in them.

So I combined the peaches with the cookies and added it to the usual vanilla ice cream ingredients. And we served the yummy ice cream in these cute cow bowls. I bought one for each of my children at the Homes Goods store. Aren’t they cute?

Peach Cobbler Ice Cream

3 medium peaches, peeled, pitted and diced, divided
1 1/2 cups broken vanilla wafer cookies, divided
2 tsp lemon juice
2 cups whole milk
1 cup half and half
1 can(10 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

Put 2/3 of the peaches, 1 cup vanilla wafers and lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Reserve remaining peaches and cookies. Process until smooth. Mix together peach mixture with whole milk, half and half, condensed milk and vanilla. Put in ice cream maker for 20 to 30 minutes(according to maker’s directions). Add remaining peaches and cookies the last few minutes of churning. Freeze if a harder consistency is desired.

Clumbsy Cookie August 17, 2008 at 6:15 pm

You’re having fun with your ice-cream maker aren’t you?! The ice cream sounds good, and must be so creamy with the sweetened condensed milk! You’re right, the bowls are adorable!

Bridgett August 17, 2008 at 8:38 pm

Ah, those bowls are too cute and the ice cream sounds delicious. Isn’t it fun having a new ice cream maker?

Glamorous Life of a House Wife August 17, 2008 at 8:42 pm

Mmmm. I need me an ice cream maker. Heck, I just need some ice cream. I’m going on a diet tomorrow and so you just inspired my newest blow-out food to consume b4 tomorrow comes. 🙂 Thanks!

Aggie August 17, 2008 at 9:30 pm

I love this!! What a great flavor! Those cookies look awesome…adding them to the ice cream is a great idea!! I love your bowls and am going to have to go scour my Home Goods for some! My kids would love them!

Michele August 17, 2008 at 9:56 pm

I really need to get my freezer cleaned out to make room for the ice cream maker. Your ice cream sounds lovely. And those vanilla wafers from Trader Joe’s are fantastic. I had to make myself walk past them today.

Leslie August 17, 2008 at 11:09 pm

How I love Home Goods….almost as much as I love Ice Cream!This looks wonderful!
Oh an give the cake pops a try..no decorating skills required!

Prudy August 17, 2008 at 11:10 pm

My neighbor just barely dropped off peaches. I’m so lucky. I’m definitely making your ice cream this week.
And yes, I love Michael Phelps. He’s a credit to us all, plus he looks so good being a credit to us all.

Shannon August 17, 2008 at 11:36 pm

You and I seem to be on the same food page! Your recipes look incredible 🙂 Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!

Mary Ann August 18, 2008 at 1:38 am

Sounds like a divine combination! I am loving homemade ice cream this summer. I will have add this to my list!

Beth August 18, 2008 at 3:12 am

This sounds lovely. GB hada good weekend at the games – 8 gold medals – think we are third in medals table behind you and CHina!!!

Lore August 18, 2008 at 9:23 am

Those are the cuttest bowls I’ve ever seen 😀
Creamy? Peachy? I want!

Tanya August 18, 2008 at 9:54 am

Yum! I will have to get an ice-cream maker soon with all of these yummy recipes!

Adam August 18, 2008 at 10:35 am

Peach Ice Cream is kind of like a gold medal right? Or wait, 8 gold medals 🙂

The ice cream maker is def being put to good use. I’m happy you are having such a blast with it.

Pam August 18, 2008 at 11:27 am

Oh my. Peach cobbler ice cream? I am in love. Wish I could come over for a bowl. Great recipe.

Sharon August 18, 2008 at 11:34 am

Such cute bowls! I love the flavor combination of the peaches and vanilla wafers…yum!

Amy August 18, 2008 at 12:01 pm

I need to go get some more peaches while they are on sale. This looks GREAT!! I really want to get an ice cream maker! It’s on my wish list:)

Leah August 18, 2008 at 12:14 pm

I have yet to make homemade ice cream this summer but I might just have to dig out that machine…yours looks soooo yummy!

Patsyk August 18, 2008 at 1:29 pm

The ice cream sounds wonderful… but, that bowl is ADORABLE! Might have to see if my Home Goods has them so I can add to my collection! 🙂

RecipeGirl August 19, 2008 at 8:48 am

The peaches I got at Costco last week were soooooo good. I’ve been dreaming about making a peach ice cream this year!!

CUTE bowls! Don’t you just love Homegoods??

Reeni August 19, 2008 at 9:40 am

Love the cookies in it and those bowls are adorable!