Ice Cream and Idol Night

by jerseygirl on May 21, 2008 · 11 comments

Tonight was the finale on American Idol. My kids were treated to staying up late on a school night and eating giant sundaes they made. Since my kids love the show, my husband and I have to watch it also. Ok, I’m lying. We watch it because we love it too! Everyone except my daughter was happy with the results. She wanted David Archuleta like every other 10 year old girl . Now my son, the rocker, was happy that David Cook won. All in all, it was a great show and both finalists were awesome. I really think Idol targets the moms to watch it. George Michaels, ZZ Top and Bryan Adams…….I’m back in high school. This was our music. Most of today’s kids have never heard of those people. However, my daughter’s favorite guests were the Jonas Brothers. She was just jammin when they came on. My favorite part of the show was when they announced the winner. I love watching that over and over. Unfortunately, the show went a few minutes over and my DVR stopped before it ended so I won’t be able to do that. But I can look at the sundae the kiddies ate……

Speaking of winners, I’d like to pass on the Arte y Pico award. I received this generously from Prudy at Prudence Pennywise and would like to pass it on to the following blogs:

The Dish. Catherine is one funny lady and will have you laughing all day. She has great stories and recipes. Did I mention how many contests she’s won?

Ra Cha Chow. Tracey is another award winning cook and also a mom that sings in a rock band. Her stories will entertain you ; she has great recipes and pictures of her adorable dog will make you smile.

Made Healthier. I just love this blog’s recipes and pictures. Fresh food straight from Hawaii and some awesome healthier recipes.

Cookie Madness. Anna is the queen of cookies and brownies. I look here every time I need a recipe for baked goods. She knows what she is doing!

Dinners for a Year and Beyond. If you need a dinner idea, go here and you won’t be disappointed. Great pictures to make you hungry.

Now for more cooking time. My shows have all ended for the season and there is nothing to watch on TV except the Food Network. Time to work on those last minute entries for the Cooking Light recipe contest. Good night everyone!

Anna May 22, 2008 at 12:12 am

Wow! I am honored.

First off, I’d like the thank The Academy. Next, Betty Crocker and Pillsbury. And finally, the butter council, Egg Council, Vanilla growers and nut farmers of America. And finally, Mrs. Fields and Famous Amos.

Tracy May 22, 2008 at 12:56 am

Our family had Idol nights for the past few years but for some reason they fell by the wayside this year. I kept up via Tivo. I liked David Cook all along and I’m happy about the outcome.

Thanks very much for the award!

Good luck with the Cooking Light contest! I haven’t even had a chance to look at the rules this year. That’s a nice contest.

~ Passion Fruit ~ May 22, 2008 at 1:50 am

American Idol + Giant sundaes…What can be more heavenly than this!!! I’m drooling :))

Catherine Wilkinson May 22, 2008 at 12:02 pm

Wow!!! I’m so honored and surprised! Yeah, don’t let anyone tell you we don’t watch Idol!!! I don’t know what I’ll do until next January!!! Thanks so much for the award! And I really don’t win so many contests! I just talk a lot about the ones I do! It’s Anna who rocks the wins!!!!

Chef Erik May 22, 2008 at 6:03 pm

NICE SNACK, i WISH i HAD THEM FOR THE SHOW. i HAD SOME DOUBLE CHURNED PECAN ICE CREAM. yUMMY!

Leah May 22, 2008 at 9:16 pm

Hey Lisa, we are huge Idol fans too and I was thinking the same thing last night: they are appealing to the 1980s moms! Brian Adams was my first concert (he opened for Journey in like, 1983 if I remember right!), and I was always a huge WHAM fan too. Frightening, I know.

My 10 year old daughter was up out of her chair when the Jonas Bros were on too…..my 12 year old son was threatening to barf. 😉

Love your blog!!!!

Leslie May 22, 2008 at 9:59 pm

Yummo! I am SOOOOOOOOO glad little David dint win. He just rubbed me the wrong way! Thank you for stopping by my site! I love yours, I will be back often!

Lori May 22, 2008 at 10:32 pm

Thanks Lisa!! 🙂

Homecooked May 23, 2008 at 1:39 am

Hey,u a AI fan too.I for one was very happy with the results.I wanted Michael John to win but Cook is good enough 🙂 The sundae looks heavenly by the way.

EAT! May 24, 2008 at 7:13 am

Thank you! Thank you! I am so honored you thought to award my humble blog.

My daughters stomped out of the room when the “Other David” won on Idol. I just enjoyed all the 80s songs too. Even more fun to see the horrified looks on my kids’ faces when I knew every word to ZZ Tops’ Sharp Dressed Man!!

Lisa May 26, 2008 at 10:29 pm

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Glad you like idol as much as I do!